Benelli 828u

bluesj

There was a post asking for thoughts on this gun started a few days ago, have a scroll down and read through the comments. The gun room on YouTube has done an in depth review of the gun too which is good to watch. 

Not handled one myself so can't comment but they certainly do look nice! 

👍

If that’s the o/u Benelli the mate tried one and didn’t like the recoil  he said the felt recoil was bad He asked the fire arm dealer who told him some people bought them then traded them back As I say this was the mates opinion I personally didn’t like the look of them took one of the gun rack they looked (only my opinion) too toy like but never shot it Try them on the clay range see what you think mate good luck

I have had mine for over a year love it , i shoot just clays with it. Use 24 gram cartridges no kick at all . Have also used the Hull comp x 28 gram . No probs  had the odd not fire second barrel , but not sure if that was down to me . .each to there own as they say .

Edited by johnphilip

A chap on my clay shoot has one. He has had nothing but mechanical problems with his. More than once he’s had to borrow a gun or gone home early because the gun has failed. He’s taken it back to the shop each time and they have fixed it. Last time they confirmed it was a rod in the recoil system had failed i believe. Seams a weakness of the gun. They replaced the gun with another 828u. 

He really likes the gun dispite the problems. The likes the weight and the almost zero recoil from the recoil system. I shot it once and was impressed but had my reservations about the durability of the recoil system.