any demand

7 minutes ago, figgy said:

You need Dave Carrie to shoot some and sing there praises on his channel.

36g is too heavy for me to shoot at game but the high bird affionados should like them. 

George why don't you talk to shooting estates and sporting agents.

I also think 36g are on the heavy side for game birds but have seen guns using 36g for partridge 4's and 5's

I blow charlies away with this sort of load

The heaviest i use is 32g for the high birds   28g being the lightest load i use 

The heavies i have are for geese.   charlies 

2 hours ago, grahamch said:

What do you mean by 'in copper'?

Do you load pure copper shot, or copper plated lead?

Copper plated lead

6 minutes ago, sabel25 said:

I also think 36g are on the heavy side for game birds but have seen guns using 36g for partridge 4's and 5's

The heaviest i use is 32g for the high birds   28g being the lightest load i use 

Copper plated lead

Oh I thought you meant pure copper

16 hours ago, propercartridges said:

do you think that a 36 gram fibre   pure fibre with card and wad    no plastic obturator in copper would be a  good seller for the  market    thanks   george

Whilst I agree that 36g is a little on the heavy side for me for a day game shooting it seems that nowadays (when everyone wants to be a "high-bird shot") such a load is becoming much more fashionable. I tend to move between a 28g and a 32g load (in 6's or 5's) depending on where I am shooting and what gun I am using, whilst late season on a couple of estates I might move to 34g (in 5's or 4's) if I know that particular drives are to be included in the day.

I do like the thought of a pure fibre cartridge, in fact there is a part of me that would like to see a return to paper case cartridges to nullify the environmental impact as much as possible. Surely in this day and age, with technology being what it is, there shouldn't be too many drawbacks to a paper case?

Whilst I am quite a geek when it comes to rifle ballistics, I have never really got into shotgun ballistics to any sort of degree. Does copper plating actually make much of an impact? (excuse the unintentional pun...)

1 hour ago, Jonno243 said:

Whilst I agree that 36g is a little on the heavy side for me for a day game shooting it seems that nowadays (when everyone wants to be a "high-bird shot") such a load is becoming much more fashionable. I tend to move between a 28g and a 32g load (in 6's or 5's) depending on where I am shooting and what gun I am using, whilst late season on a couple of estates I might move to 34g (in 5's or 4's) if I know that particular drives are to be included in the day.

I do like the thought of a pure fibre cartridge, in fact there is a part of me that would like to see a return to paper case cartridges to nullify the environmental impact as much as possible. Surely in this day and age, with technology being what it is, there shouldn't be too many drawbacks to a paper case?

Whilst I am quite a geek when it comes to rifle ballistics, I have never really got into shotgun ballistics to any sort of degree. Does copper plating actually make much of an impact? (excuse the unintentional pun...)

You don’t need paper cases if people pick up their empty carts. 

What they should have however is a way to send them back to the suppliers so they can be reloaded again. 

19 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

You don’t need paper cases if people pick up their empty carts. 

What they should have however is a way to send them back to the suppliers so they can be reloaded again. 

Fully agreed, and it is a real bugbear of mine seeing empty cases lying around.

Whilst reloading plastic cases (whether privately or by the manufacturer) would go some way towards mitigating environmental impact there will still come a point where their usable service life is done and they become simply additional plastic waste. With plastic being such a hot topic nowadays (and rightly so if you ask me) any move to lessen overall environmental impact should be viewed as a good thing. As a caveat to that, I would stress that disposal should not be the only concern when weighing up impact. The impact of the manufacturing process etc should also be taken into account, something that the minority "holier than thou" hybrid car brigade should bear in mind sometimes (have you ever seen a lithium mine? or the production facilities where these batteries are made for example?)

As I mentioned, it is merely somewhat of an idealistic dream to be honest...

16 hours ago, sabel25 said:

Copper plated lead

Cheers had hopd was going to be a new fowling load with copper shot

4 hours ago, Jonno243 said:

Fully agreed, and it is a real bugbear of mine seeing empty cases lying around.

Whilst reloading plastic cases (whether privately or by the manufacturer) would go some way towards mitigating environmental impact there will still come a point where their usable service life is done and they become simply additional plastic waste. With plastic being such a hot topic nowadays (and rightly so if you ask me) any move to lessen overall environmental impact should be viewed as a good thing. As a caveat to that, I would stress that disposal should not be the only concern when weighing up impact. The impact of the manufacturing process etc should also be taken into account, something that the minority "holier than thou" hybrid car brigade should bear in mind sometimes (have you ever seen a lithium mine? or the production facilities where these batteries are made for example?)

As I mentioned, it is merely somewhat of an idealistic dream to be honest...

Second that

We always pick our empties on shoots  even on walked up days the empties are in my pocket  Although i've been on some shoots and certain stands are littered with empties from previous shoot days even though the keeper requests that all emties be picked up

What should be addressed is the plastic cup wads that are littered all over the land and waterways which cannot be picked up vey easily which only adds fuel for the  anti's

I use fibre wad cartridges all the time and have done for years  and with the technology and ballistics available  now there should be no reason to use these platic cups

Reloading used shotshell will come with a lot of rethinking on the loads especially after the second time. Each time you fire the hull loses approx 1mm and the crimp loses strength meaning pressure and speed will be affected. This is margnal for the home loader but inappropriate for a commercial loader. There is also no way to know how many time a shell has been loaded adding to the issue. Also, they still need to be deprimed, recalibrated and reprimed which will add to the cost. Even just melting the plastic will come with its own challenges as the compounds are altered by the colouring agents as well as the producer own formula and cannot be mixed, posing more challenges (and costs) to the manufacturers.  

The only solution, which manufacturers are already working on, is to mix a degrading agent in the compound making plastic more susceptible to natural degradation (light, elements, etc.) ...or going paper case

On 12/01/2019 at 20:45, figgy said:

You need Dave Carrie to shoot some and sing there praises on his channel.

36g is too heavy for me to shoot at game but the high bird affionados should like them. 

George why don't you talk to shooting estates and sporting agents.

That won’t happen he’s to tied into gamebore, and the copper shot they load.