Animal Skull ID

Old Boggy

Sorry but this isn`t another quiz with a prize going to who guesses first. There`s not even a `virtual prize` as per JDog`s latest, although he never did disclose the name of that rose.

This is a genuine question for the PW masses to identify the animal skull. It is about 5 1/2 inches long and 4 inches across. I have an idea what it might be, but would like someone to confirm my thoughts.

It is somewhere between a Mus Musculus Domesticus and a Mammathus Primigenius but obviously neither of those.

I thought perhaps it could be from one of Fat Sarah`s `Rabbits`, but firstly doesn`t look big enough and secondly has insufficient space for the batteries :whistling:

Any ideas ?

OB

Sorry, this should have gone in `Off Topic`. Could Mods possibly transfer it ? Thanks.

Skull_2_001.jpg

Edited by Old Boggy

interesting ! I didn't know was "Meles meles" was so googled it, and stumbled across an old on line auction advert, looks like they sell for £60 in good condition.

My wife looked over my shoulder when I was posting and asked who "Fat Sarah"  was ! 😎

3 hours ago, Wooder said:

interesting ! I didn't know was "Meles meles" was so googled it, and stumbled across an old on line auction advert, looks like they sell for £60 in good condition.

My wife looked over my shoulder when I was posting and asked who "Fat Sarah"  was ! 😎

I also had to google Meles Meles after Islandgun's post. Thought the Latin for badger was something like Brianicus Mayeri Obnoxicotious.

I hope that you didn't go into too much detail about Fat Sarah and the honourable Ditchman. Fifty sheds of grey and all that :no:

OB

14 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Good God , did one of them come out of the tower of London :hmm:

🙂 600 each white crown less 100 discount for two at the same time plus 400 for the extractions and models. Would be easier to borrow some ivory ones from meles meles