What gun .204 cal

bagem

34 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I did the mag' conversion on mine in less than 10 minutes, and it's worked perfectly since. Perhap's I was lucky.

maybe you were steve. it seems a decent rifle but he is suffering feed problems with it. it is very loud when you cycle a round

33 minutes ago, rimmie said:

I have a T3 fantastically accurate, and has a 6 round mag in .204

this is mine

3B752FA6-16ED-4BC6-9482-C2C58697AC49.jpeg

Very nice ,,what scope you got on it ?

1 hour ago, bagem said:

Hi all.

Can anyone give a review on a .204 cal that they currently own or have owned.

Thanks for the reply's ,,toss up between the T3 and the howa...what are Remingtons like ?

Thanks for the reply's ,,toss up between the T3 and the howa...what are Remington's like ?

1 hour ago, bagem said:

Thanks for the reply's ,,toss up between the T3 and the howa...what are Remingtons like ?

Thanks for the reply's ,,toss up between the T3 and the howa...what are Remington's like ?

It’s  vortex

I have a Tikka t3x lite in .204.   As was said before it only has a 20" barrel so a few 100fps slower than expected.

It's pretty good with 32g hornady, tried some 40g norma..ok but not as good as the 32's.  I'm also reloading with 39g sbk's which get things down to about 1/2 moa

IMG_0570.JPG.f947ed2e7bc0f48bd0e28e251773fa8b.JPG

23 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

maybe you were steve. it seems a decent rifle but he is suffering feed problems with it. it is very loud when you cycle a round

I haven't come across any of the above as yet, to be honest.

23 hours ago, bagem said:

My Howa is reasonably heavy, as mentioned. I don't mind this, as I don't carry it all over my permissions. With this calibre, I'm usually out of my vehicle, then walk approx 150mtrs to set up my bait station, then I position myself approx 100mtrs back towards my vehicle.

10 hours ago, super sharp shooter said:

I’ve just purchased a Tikka T3 in .204 and love it. To be honest I don’t even look at my 22250 now as the 204 get to go out all the time. It’s fast flat and has very little drop at 250 yards with 32grain vmax 

Mate obliterates long distance corvids with his .204 No 1.  He loves the round.  

I have the Howa 1500 in .204. Fitted with an Evo Wildcat mod and a 6-24 x 50 'scope. Awesome little rifle ! Regularly taking Charlie at ranges that defy reality and never had one take a step after the shot. If you get 32 grains of lead traveling fast enough it doesn't half do the job ;) I stuck with the floorplate/top feed rather than the mag conversion as I've read of a problem or two with the releases dropping the mags to easily, but if you need more than one shot per fox it's not the rifles fault, you're not doing your part.

Where are you Bagem ? If you're in my neck of the woods you'd be welcome to come down to my perm and 'have a play' to see if it suits you ...