Tagged goose

Whytie2697

1 hour ago, Whytie2697 said:

Was outvtgis morning and **** a pinkfoot with the normal metal tag and plastic tag number 70 on it as well as a big thing round it's neck looks a bit like a solar panel maybe GPS has anyone else had this and what did you do about the solar panel thing 

Put some pictures of it on Please.

I've shot several Pink's and Whitefronts with what you describe ( Big Neck Collar ) but none with a satellite tag also the metal leg ring should have details who and where to contact

Edited by 6.5x55SE

15 hours ago, 6.5x55SE said:

Put some pictures of it on Please.

I've shot several Pink's and Whitefronts with what you describe ( Big Neck Collar ) but none with a satellite tag also the metal leg ring should have details who and where to contact

Will try to put one up I have emailed the info to bto as that's what was on the metal ring couldn't phone they were closed until Monday 

13 hours ago, guy baxendale said:

I saw the post on facebook - what was the story with the protestors?

They had walked out onto the mud and to there hut with high viz vests on and then the geese in that area lifted the small skein this was in broke off but then seemed to want to follow the larger skein back out onto the bay which brought them just close enough for me to get a single shot at bang on 0755 the usual time they get pushed off if it's low tide and protesters are out on the mud ad the rest were still in middle of the bay when I left around 0900 

12 hours ago, greenshank1 said:

When you get the results of the ringing and sat tag , please share them on here. 

Bet the info will be fascinating , migration route , stop overs nesting and moulting areas. 

A kid in the village found a white front neck ring on the shore and the info they got was amazing. 

I will hoping I get a fair bit of info back off the tracker 

17 hours ago, Whytie2697 said:

Was outvtgis morning and **** a pinkfoot with the normal metal tag and plastic tag number 70 on it as well as a big thing round it's neck looks a bit like a solar panel maybe GPS has anyone else had this and what did you do about the solar panel thing 

That goose should have bee relatively easy to shoot if it had a solar panel attached to it.

We are all looking forward to hearing all about the goose when you make contact with the ringers or trackers.

4 hours ago, Whytie2697 said:

I will hoping I get a fair bit of info back off the tracker 

If it's been tagged for a few years the info will be great even from the neck ring but the sat tag assuming it was working should provide reallly accurate details.

i will see if I still have the white front records and info from the neck ring the kids found and post them.

2 hours ago, greenshank1 said:

If it's been tagged for a few years the info will be great even from the neck ring but the sat tag assuming it was working should provide reallly accurate details.

i will see if I still have the white front records and info from the neck ring the kids found and post them.

I was messaging someone last night he found out not sure how it was put on in 2016 one of only 40 pinks with a tracker it arrived back in Scotland from Greenland 23 Sept 2018 but not sure where he managed to find this out from 

On 13/01/2019 at 10:01, Whytie2697 said:

Will try to put one up I have emailed the info to bto as that's what was on the metal ring couldn't phone they were closed until Monday 

They had walked out onto the mud and to there hut with high viz vests on and then the geese in that area lifted the small skein this was in broke off but then seemed to want to follow the larger skein back out onto the bay which brought them just close enough for me to get a single shot at bang on 0755 the usual time they get pushed off if it's low tide and protesters are out on the mud ad the rest were still in middle of the bay when I left around 0900 

Findhorn?

• 1 month later...