Heads up gent's "Blades & Bows" closing down sale.

Colster

3 hours ago, Wasabi said:

Not sure why anyone would need 90% of what they sell. Shame it's not a closing down sale.

Whilst there are indeed items on there that don’t float my boat, there is nothing that I would wish a Company to fold and place people out of work for.

This is the same old statement that we all face that if you don’t like something, then it should be banned- others quite like thing and freedom of choice still exists .

Now, where is that throwing axe that I ordered as the Mrs has volunteered to hold some balloons between her teeth .........

23 hours ago, Graham M said:

I understand that there are collectors out there who like this sort of thing, but...............

Can you imagine the damage that some eejit could be do using this

.Walking Dead Negan's Lucille Baseball Bat

Looks like a perfectly normal priest to me. I've ordered one for the trout fishing!!!

On 14/01/2019 at 23:29, Graham M said:

I understand that there are collectors out there who like this sort of thing, but...............

Can you imagine the damage some could do with a chainsaw?!?! 

It's a movie/show prop. In principal no different to someone collecting posters of the same, it's just for display. Of course you can't account for all the idiots but you can't stop people collecting things that could be used for other purposes 

Edd

On 14/01/2019 at 21:37, Wasabi said:

Not sure why anyone would need to buy a two foot steel sword advertised as having a sharp edge. What hobby does that fit? 

Sword fighting ?
Ive heard its the next big thing down London way..

Im sure some eejit, if the mood takes him, and he has sufficient brain power could fashion his/her self something similar in a few minutes ?
A plank of wood with some nails in it , a broom handle with a kitchen knife spear/goad ?
Dont think people need to spend £40 to make a devastating tool , its the intent that creates the weapon.

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, old'un said:

Reading the latest news page on their website https://www.bladesandbows.co.uk/news-21-w.asp I see that a private address postage ban is on the cards for knives with blades longer than 3 inches, will this ban effect all postage of knives with blades longer than 3 inches?

To private addresses yes, that’s the plan at least. 

I think it’s perhaps time that those tasked with these things started asking ‘why do black lads seem intent on stabbing each other at what seems like every given opportunity’, rather than the frankly absurdly naive and pathetic attempt at trying to kerb it by preventing the sale of such items. If I felt the need to carry a knife for self defence I’d get myself a gun, which opens up the exact same question, but this time replace the word knives with guns. 

It’s farcical. 

On 16/01/2019 at 10:47, Rewulf said:

Sword fighting ?
Ive heard its the next big thing down London way..

Im sure some eejit, if the mood takes him, and he has sufficient brain power could fashion his/her self something similar in a few minutes ?
A plank of wood with some nails in it , a broom handle with a kitchen knife spear/goad ?
Dont think people need to spend £40 to make a devastating tool , its the intent that creates the weapon.

Exactly. I own swords but have never felt the need to run around with them. I cant say i have a deliberate length of wood with nails in it, apart from **** ups making stuff :lol: but i cant see why film memorabilia collectors cant buy said plank if they want to. People on here collect guns, whats the difference? 

Theres a market for everything nowadays, i cba opposing it for no good reason 

On 16/01/2019 at 06:59, Benthejockey said:

It’s probably naieve to think if someone wants a baseball bat covered in barbed wire they’d go to the effort of buying one of tinternet. Some people collect stamps, some people collect swords, some people have a large collection of firearms...

Only just read this. Spot on 

Edited by strimmer_13

Also youll find that most of these props for sale are made of dense polystyrene or plastic. 95% of the junk ive seen in shops are 

On 09/02/2019 at 16:38, gotgcoalman said:

Here's another firm selling "legal" although slightly dubious stuff.

https://www.knifewarehouse.co.uk/product/micarta-godfather-style-stiletto/

That looks really sketchy, I’m not a lawyer but their claim that spring assisted is legal and not a flick knife seems a bit near the edge of common sense?