Shot with #5s

Walker570

3 hours ago, Muddy Funker said:

I think that's perfectly feasible and it must happen on occasions.

But more often than not it's probably ####s with no respect for what it is they're shooting at.

Getting buckshot or even BB carts isn't hard, it's why I think it's accidental. If say you were going to go after deer with a shotgun which unless there has been a recent change you still can under certain circumstances. You would use a large size shot cart, you want the deer to eat or sell on.

Guest cookoff013
4 minutes ago, figgy said:

Getting buckshot or even BB carts isn't hard, it's why I think it's accidental. If say you were going to go after deer with a shotgun which unless there has been a recent change you still can under certain circumstances. You would use a large size shot cart, you want the deer to eat or sell on.

BB? 

i still think bb is too light,.

SG, 00 or slug would probably seal the deal.

12 minutes ago, cookoff013 said:

BB? 

i still think bb is too light,.

SG, 00 or slug would probably seal the deal.

The only legal shot size in england is AAA or solid slug and only in special circumstances. 

2 minutes ago, figgy said:

I agree on size and iirc SG is recommended for deer with a shotgun.  I was thinking more of if poachers were going after deer it's not hard to get BB lead carts that close enough should do the job. Rather than pheasant cartridges.

No. SG is not recommended for deer. Under the deer act AAA is the only legal shot size in england for deer. And you can only legally use a shotgun for deer in special circumstances. 

This was no accident, whoever did it was a *****. 

I knew there was a size you have to use couldn't remember exactly what it was though, I put in my post it's under specific circumstances.

We may never know if it was deliberate or not.

Clemfandango what makes you so sure it wasn't accidental ?

Edited by figgy

1 hour ago, figgy said:

I knew there was a size you have to use couldn't remember exactly what it was though, I put in my post it's under specific circumstances.

We may never know if it was deliberate or not.

Clemfandango what makes you so sure it wasn't accidental ?

Well obviously I don't know for sure, not having been there when it happened, I'm being pessimistic. 

I think it's more likely to have been deliberate given the number of pellets.

7 hours ago, islandgun said:

your right you cant regulate for idiocy or illegally held guns but it may be possible to ensure that a beginner does at least know a few basic guidelines, perhaps a short test set by BASC or similar.. personally I have no strong feelings one way or the other but if it helped a few new to the sport have a better understanding of their responsibilities then fine.

Edit to say out of interest who added catapult and air rifle to my response.?

Apologies Islandgun was me. I am currently in a different time zone and on my phone, But as I stated earlier ignorance is no excuse.

3 hours ago, figgy said:

I agree on size and iirc SG is recommended for deer with a shotgun.  I was thinking more of if poachers were going after deer it's not hard to get BB lead carts that close enough should do the job. Rather than pheasant cartridges.

copper coated 5s would be ample😀