Chainsaw won't start

K Mac

I know this may sound a bit wierd but if like the wizzers i had the same problem at work. My boss after buying loads of new parts still wouldnt start. Asked someome at a hire company and they ise a certain type of 2stroke oil by husky therself. Little did we know as our old one used anything. The huskys are a clever bit of kit. Have a look on evil bay its a green oil and it works

Oneshot I think you got it blending of aluminium over the ring After a good look this seem to be it hopefully. The piston or cylinder doesn't look too bad but the piston ring looks fouled. Can't believe I didn't check as I've just been given a saw with this problem. Looks like a complete strip and rebuild and new cylinder and piston.

Thanks everyone for all the help

If you havent had it for long and been like this from the last owner try the oil. I know people wont belive it but ive been there and done it and im trying to tell you. I bought a few with the same problem and changed the fuel and put the spec oil in a mixture and boom started on 3rd pull. Dont be fooled spending money when you dont have to. Go to the nearest hire shop and ask them about huskys and the oil. Tp hire and sell the oil

2 hours ago, K Mac said:

Oneshot I think you got it blending of aluminium over the ring After a good look this seem to be it hopefully. The piston or cylinder doesn't look too bad but the piston ring looks fouled. Can't believe I didn't check as I've just been given a saw with this problem. Looks like a complete strip and rebuild and new cylinder and piston.

Thanks everyone for all the help

I had this in a stihl. So took it apart. And the piston had stuck bits of itself to the cylinder. As the cylinder is chromed i took a fine flap disc on the drill and polished off the lumps to find out the cylinder was in perfect nick. New piston and rings for 30quid and back to as good as new. 

8 hours ago, Pistol p said:

Ethanol in the petrol can cause fouling of the carb bowl and jets.

Yes this is what i was told when i took my last saw in , they asked were i got my petrol , i told the morrisons the supermarket  . No no he said , there fuel is rubbish . Go to a private garage , so i did , and did not have any trouble after that .

The cylinder can be saved if it's not scored and only has ally fouling on it. Brick acid/patio cleaner wiped on with a cotton wool pad and long pliers will dissolve the ally without damaging the Nikasil lining. Then a quick scuff up with a bit of scotchbrite wrapped around a bolt in a battery drill will give it enough hatching to bed in a new ring and piston. 

Regarding Husqvarnas only running on a certain 2 stroke oil. It's to do with a clever idea called "oil gaurd"  The K760 disc cutters are fitted with it. It's a small optical sensor in the fuel line, the genuine "oil gaurd" oil has a particular light refraction agent in it and if the sensor does not read it it will not energise the coil. It's there to stop moomins from chucking neat fuel in the saw and trashing it. The fact that Husqvarna have fitted a bypass tag that you just pull out so you can run standard oil is probably the reason there's so many on the sales sites for repair