Feo visit

Jacko3275

The visit is part of the background check.

Obviously, if on paper alone you were considered clearly unsuitable, you would have your application declined, fee returned and probably wouldn't get a visit. So, in a sense, the visit is a positive indication that, 'so far, so good', but is only a part of the whole process. Essentially the FEO is an information gatherer who will present his findings, and probably recommendations to his boss, who will then make the final decision.

56 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

So is it worth ordering my cabinet now or should I not count my chickens just yet

Do you have a reason to think you will be declined a cert?

I had my cabinet installed before my visit, was told it would speed things up. I know people who waited and the FEO wanted a return visit to inspect the cabinet once installed.

2 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Do you have a reason to think you will be declined a cert?

I had my cabinet installed before my visit, was told it would speed things up. I know people who waited and the FEO wanted a return visit to inspect the cabinet once installed.

Checkered past but 16years ago 

Have the police arranged a visit? 

If it's all arranged I'd risk it and get the cabinet. If not arranged yet ask when they call if the visit is to assess security and a f2f suitability and if they prefer the cabinet installed. If you've put everything down and they are still coming all looks good. 

Obs no guarantees. 

Ok ,the fact its got this far means you are still in the race.
If it was anything but a violence or firearms offence, I would have said get your cabinet in and dont worry about it, but they obviously want to discuss it further, unless you have already had an interview with firearms about it? (Some forces do like a pre interview)
Tell the truth, be remorseful, you are a different man now ect, DO NOT insinuate 'they had it coming' or such like.
If they are not convinced that you wouldnt dream of doing it again, then it wont go well for you.
Good luck.

Hope it goes well Jacko. For reference I've been waiting 7 months now since having my interview / cabinet inspected and I still don't have an SGC or any indication whatsoever when I can expect to have a decision made. Granted, I'm in Hampshire (one of the slowest forces by all accounts) but I would temper expectations on how long you might be waiting after the interview. 

If you have no cabinet installed there will be a follow up visit to check it’s installed. They may well bring your ticket with them or it may be a further wait.

If you buy a cabinet you could always sell on of declined, don’t forgot you can also appeal the decision, BASC can advise on that if your a member.

Plus side is once cabinet is checked they have it on record how many guns it can store buying additional guns will be more straightforward. 

Good luck with the application, as others have said be honest about your past, I think a home visit is a positive sign though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...