ditchmans winetasting

ditchman

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i have been sensible this evening....ive has a gless or 2 of niges assui vino and a big rump stak wiv onions and chips and a glacei wine an sugar sauce...and im just ticking iover

so im going to leave it as that ..:lol:

Mellow is the word. Did you say that you were a ‘ticking lover’?

1 hour ago, JDog said:

Mellow is the word. Did you say that you were a ‘ticking lover’?

i have sobered up now and just read this post.................even i have to agree i was a bit far gone............i would love a "ticking lover"...........she would have to do all the work tho' as i have forgotton what to do with it or where to put it now.......

On 30/03/2019 at 20:29, ditchman said:

i have sobered up now and just read this post.................even i have to agree i was a bit far gone............i would love a "ticking lover"...........she would have to do all the work tho' as i have forgotton what to do with it or where to put it now.......

Total and utter ******** once introduced you’ve never forgotten, reversed Norfolk boy always been a favourite 😳

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have had some decent Chilean red wines from both Aldi and Lidl, however if you are looking for some very drinkable reds to accompany a nice piece of rare steak - here are my go to favourites.

1. Porta 6 - I don’t think you will find a better red wine.

2.Camp Viejo- go for the Tempranillo grape.

3. Ramon bilbao- not the mixed grape bottle you get in majestic but the crianza grape.

Hitman

14 hours ago, ditchman said:

im having a south african red at the moment   i shall report back.....£5.90/bottle

shook it up and let it breath............nice and smooth when it first goes in your mouth ...then a sharpness kicks in.....i would like to say it has a taste of blackberry and oak with a hint of lemon........but it has none of that....its not even a good quaffing wine ....TBH i only bought it to cook with....i shall be adding a bit to the gravy today.....

im sure i could find a lot more drinkable stuff for a similar price...

end of report

9 hours ago, Robden said:

Mcguigan black label  Shiraz or even Merlot.   2 for £10 on offer at Morrisons.....been on offer for months. Often buy 6 at a time.

Mcguigans Shiraz is so sweet it’s undrinkable - in my opinion. Look for a full bodied Spanish Rioja or a Portuguese red - might cost a couple more quid but so worth it .

1 hour ago, the hitman said:

Mcguigans Shiraz is so sweet it’s undrinkable - in my opinion. Look for a full bodied Spanish Rioja or a Portuguese red - might cost a couple more quid but so worth it .

The above I posted was the first Portuguese red I’ve ever had and was pleasantly surprised. 

1 hour ago, JTaylor91 said:

The above I posted was the first Portuguese red I’ve ever had and was pleasantly surprised. 

Wines from the Douro region are fantastic- look for one called Rebello.

Before brexit I would order wine at a very cheap price from portugalvinyards - unfortunately the new import tax has made them the same price as most UK supermarkets.

14 hours ago, the hitman said:

As you say "in my opinion."  So you won't like the '19 Crimes' line then?

On 18/10/2021 at 06:46, Robden said:

As you say "in my opinion."  So you won't like the '19 Crimes' line then?

I haven’t tried them to be honest. I am no wine expert I just know which grape varieties I prefer over others.

I would recommend Porta 6 to anyone who is looking for a decent red to try.

• 4 weeks later...