Cluny Clays in Kirkcaldy

KB1

It’s an ok ground and worth a visit if you’re nearby.

The facilities are brilliant and the targets are fine if you’ve never been before, 12 or 13 sporting stands with a good mix of targets.  Normally a reasonable driven pair if you’re after that.  All the stands are in the woods so a bit of shelter from the wind at this time of year.

Think it’s 32p per clay for a non member, so a little bit expensive.

They use the Laporte Longrange system with a variable delay so easy place to shoot if your on your own.

20 minutes ago, grrclark said:

The facilities are brilliant and the targets are fine if you’ve never been before, 12 or 13 sporting stands with a good mix of targets.  Normally a reasonable driven pair if you’re after that.  All the stands are in the woods so a bit of shelter from the wind at this time of year.

They use the Laporte Longrange system with a variable delay so easy place to shoot if your on your own.

Much appreciated...... I'll give a try, especially as it's sheltered woods:good:

2 hours ago, grrclark said:

This assessment is bang on the cash in my opinion.  I've mainly gone during the week, during the day and it's never been busy.  Staff very friendly & helpful, and I've not managed a visit yet without having some sort of food too...

I’d go with what has been said already. Very relaxed - You get your card at the reception, on which you can charge drinks, food, ammo and clays to, then settle-up at the end... or pay for it all individually, of course.

There’s a great variety of targets from skeet to various simulated game - a couple of entertaining bolting rabbit stands, too.

Cartridge prices are based on Justcartridge price list, I believe.

1 hour ago, grrclark said:

Where do you normally shoot?

Manchester Clay Shooting Club in Worsley.  Similar to what you've described with the covered/sheltered areas.

12 minutes ago, humperdingle said:

Cartridge prices are based on Justcartridge price list, I believe.

That reminds me....... Must stock up, as I'm due renewal again in March😩

31 minutes ago, KB1 said:

Manchester Clay Shooting Club in Worsley.  Similar to what you've described with the covered/sheltered areas.

I've not shot at that ground so can't give you a like for like comparison.  There are a number of good shooting grounds within an hour of Kirkcaldy if you have time when you're up here, but Cluny is certainly worth popping into if you are close.

Even if you don't have your gun with you, but have your ticket, you can rent a club gun for £10 if I recall and get a box or two of squibs.  It's actually worth popping in for a cuppa or a bite to eat as the clubhouse has a proper dining room as well as a coffee/snack bar.  Typical pub style grub in restaurant and not too expensive.

If i'm not working i'd happily bring my gun down for you to have a boom with, despite any potential disagreements about walls 😝

1 minute ago, grrclark said:

I've not shot at that ground so can't give you a like for like comparison.  There are a number of good shooting grounds within an hour of Kirkcaldy if you have time when you're up here, but Cluny is certainly worth popping into if you are close.

Even if you don't have your gun with you, but have your ticket, you can rent a club gun for £10 if I recall and get a box or two of squibs.  It's actually worth popping in for a cuppa or a bite to eat as the clubhouse has a proper dining room as well as a coffee/snack bar.  Typical pub style grub in restaurant and not too expensive.

If i'm not working i'd happily bring my gun down for you to have a boom with, despite any potential disagreements about walls 😝

Sounds good to me👍  I work a stone's throw away....  Just over the roundabout on the John Smith Business Park.  

4 minutes ago, KB1 said:

Sounds good to me👍  I work a stone's throw away....  Just over the roundabout on the John Smith Business Park.  

You definitely need to pop in.  Just about a mile further up the same road is Cluny Country store and they have a decent gun room, so worth a browse during a lunch hour.

The clay ground and country store are run by brothers, but independent of each other.

In Kirkcaldy there is a shop called We're Game, you will find them on Facebook, and Andy who runs the place is always good for a blether.  Just a wee shop, but he sometimes has some interesting stuff, last time I was in he had an 8 bore that was a great brute of a thing.

1 minute ago, grrclark said:

You definitely need to pop in.  Just about a mile further up the same road is Cluny Country store and they have a decent gun room, so worth a browse during a lunch hour.

The clay ground and country store are run by brothers, but independent of each other.

In Kirkcaldy there is a shop called We're Game, you will find them on Facebook, and Andy who runs the place is always good for a blether.  Just a wee shop, but he sometimes has some interesting stuff, last time I was in he had an 8 bore that was a great brute of a thing.

Yeh I’ve had many a bargain from Andy... some ‘interesting’ guns, too :D

28 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Browsing's a bad idea for me.  Too tempting😬  I currently have 6 guns, and only the 725 has seen the light of day this past couple of years.

On 15/01/2019 at 22:11, Stonepark said:

I've shot both grounds, (though admittedly Worsley was 10 years ago) but both are similar with a similar quality of targets.

When there is no wind in summer, watch out for the midgies.

So have I and I agree with the similarity.  The grub at Cluny was as described too.   No chance of shooting anyone else' targets either  !

Edited by Westley