Gun christened!

aga man

Always wanted a winchester but either never had the dosh or was unable to find the right one. Recently i sold my trap gun and had a bit of dosh due to working really hard before christmas.

By chance i came accross this gun in a local gunshop. That was last week and i have had little chance to use it which has been frustrating.

Pigeons here are on the rape as you would expect but with all the game shooting some areas are out of bounds and all the shooting is making the flocks 'twitchy' so i have not bothered trying to decoy them.

With little work to do today and a good wind forecast i headed for a spinney which has rape growwing around it and birds have been holding up in.

I managed to get my timings wrong with the forecasted showers and got slightly wet but once the rain stopped i put the magnet on the outskirts of the spinney and waited for pigeons to show interest.

I wasn't waiting long and pigeons came into the tree's at all angles and with the wind made a real test for me and my new gun.

The cartridge count wasn't the best but the sport was fantastic and i shot some corkers. The nearby game shoot was banging away but i knew where i would rather be!

I shot for 3 hours and picked 15 pigeons and 1 unlucky Rook before returning home to the warmth.

A nice way to christen the gun and i dare i will get on fine with it.

20190116_143707.jpg

20190116_143746.jpg

20190116_143707.jpg

Edited by aga man

Certainly look a nice gun aga man , it's always a good omen if you connect on it's first day of action , you will no doubt have good and bad days with your new gun , but after a good start on it's first day out you are unlikely to blame the gun when the cartridges seem like they are void of shot .