Oops!

wymberley

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 18/01/2019 at 12:05, Davyo said:

A lot can happen in 5yrs when your old.If you don't go to the doctors for fear of losing your driving licence or Gun certs.Its no different from an old person who doent  want to lose his DL.Plus they have to re apply be assessed  ever 3 yrs .On my FAC/SGC renewal FEO couldn't be bothered  to pay me a visit.

Wife could of been sitting there with a black eye & me tanked up for all he knew..

The feo would know you hadn't hit her 😀 now if you were sat with a black eye and she was sat on her mood swings in the garden with a glass of wine, he would think yep all's ok 😆😉

12 hours ago, Neverforget said:

any normal person would have had a drink test after accident, wot makes him special one rule even seen tonight he is driving again 

Yep nail on head, any normal person. The Duke isn't a normal person and had two officers with him. 

13 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

He was breathalysed at the scene. Try and keep up 

fair point my bag, still think its wrong the way they are  treating this, dont have a problem with the royals he causes a serious accident and everyone gives it a wide step

whats wrong with the seat belt and points how many times have we seen pictures of the royals doing this, any normal person would be in the courts and banned from driving, even the queen had no belt on the day this happened

Not wearing a belt is 3 points and up to a £500 fine. Despite the age thing, and the royal connection I know of people who are old and are not, who have written exemptions from the doctors from having to wear belts. My mother being a prime case. Her shoulder is screwed and she doesn't have to wear one. I do argue with her that it's better than going through the windscreen in bits but she won't listen. 

On another note, due to my arrogance as a bit of a biker, I hate wearing a belt in a car, its never felt right, but then I'm not a bell end driver, and believe after riding that ever other ****** out there is trying to kill me on the road, if I'm on 2 wheels or 4. Old or young. Especially young 

Edited by strimmer_13

4 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Many moons ago my colleagues commented on safety belt law and one came up with the idea of banning seat belts and having all cars fitted with a sharp 6 inch spike to appear from the steering wheel centre boss when the ignition was turned on.

That would work!

Same as people putting their feet on the dash in the passenger seats. Must be a right state when the air bag go's off and propels the knees through their foreheads. 

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Many moons ago my colleagues commented on safety belt law and one came up with the idea of banning seat belts and having all cars fitted with a sharp 6 inch spike to appear from the steering wheel centre boss when the ignition was turned on.

I read this idea in a Peter Hitchens column, the idea being that when we get into a 1 tonne protective cocoon of metal, the sense of protection and invulnerability this gives people often causes them to drive like twerps without regards for those around them. 

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

I remember that idea being fronted,  I like it

one thing that does appear to be overlooked is that his missus does own the highway.;)

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/queens-highway

I read a piece about one of the occupants in the car and she has reason to be miffed but as we  underling ours insurance companies tell us not to say or do anything in that situation. To their mind the Duke did wrong in going to see if they were injured and let's face it he was between a rock and a hard place with the media and some commentators.  

My old granny used to say, " Before you are critical of anybody, look hard in the mirror"  and she was never wrong.

i will hazard a guess now............that he will have another "incident"...the new vehicle he is in has already been bottomed out as the pics show a load of brash under the left hand side.........i rekon he will either end up in a ditch or a scrape with something......the man is just full of anger...which is a symton of something else..

i may be wrong but i dont think i am..

14 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I must be deep in anger then Ditchie if you examine the underside of my Landie. I could probably turf a football pitch.

I see the Queen has sent a message of support to the one injured party who seems to want a lot of publicity and in my view not doing herself a lot of good.

I agree, but when the Tabloids offer a few grand for her story it’s easy money 🤷🏼‍♂️

I am with Walker on this one, I think the Duke is right in avoiding the 'injured' party. The first rule of Insurance is "Admit NOTHING" and an apology is seen as an admission of guilt. The first thing he did, according to a witness that assisted in getting him out, was ask about the condition of the other parties involved. Judging by the press coverage of the so called 'injured party' and her TV appearances today, he probably did the right thing by avoiding direct contact. Perhaps the injured passenger has visions of  milking this one for all it is worth  ?

On 20/01/2019 at 13:48, strimmer_13 said:

Same as people putting their feet on the dash in the passenger seats. Must be a right state when the air bag go's off and propels the knees through their foreheads. 

At least their brains would remain undamaged  !

On 18/01/2019 at 20:10, Kalahari said:

I don't really think so on a number of grounds, but the main one was that of the four people in the Paris car, one was wearing a seatbelt and survived and three weren't and died. Crashing one of those big mercs with everybody strapped in just isn't a reliable enough way to get the job done.

David.

food for thought the survivor was a bodygaurd wearing the seatbelt. bodygaurds on active service never wear seat belts