William Powell perdix

keeper96

13 minutes ago, keeper96 said:

Hello, 

does anyone have any experience of the perdix? 

I believe they're made by b rizzini so should be decent? 

The looks and some reviews I've read so far are tempting, as is the price for a custom fitted gun. 

Thanks 

jamie 

You should just go direct to B Rizinni They will custom fit a gun to you in your spec  ie an Artemis

There was a thread on here a year or two back by someone   who went through William Powell and it ended up heading through the courts

Plus it will probably be cheaper and you may get a trip round their factory  ( unless you want the the William Powell name on )

2 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

Cannot comment on the perdix but have two Macnabs made by B Rizzini and they are good guns.

Second that as i have the Highlander sideplate

Depends where you are if you're looking for your nearest dealer

You can google them  as there are a few up and down the country

Honesberie  shooting school     castleguns here in the N East

I would steer clear of sportsmanguncentre

if you're after a game gun go for an Artemis with solid top rib depending on your budget and preference But that would be my next gun on my list But i am an avid caesaer Guerini man

All the Italian O/U  guns were and are based on the best English O/U guns of the early 20 century and were made for the English market as were the Spanish  SxS'ds

59 minutes ago, sabel25 said:

Depends where you are if you're looking for your nearest dealer

You can google them  as there are a few up and down the country

Honesberie  shooting school     castleguns here in the N East

I would steer clear of sportsmanguncentre

if you're after a game gun go for an Artemis with solid top rib depending on your budget and preference But that would be my next gun on my list But i am an avid caesaer Guerini man

All the Italian O/U  guns were and are based on the best English O/U guns of the early 20 century and were made for the English market as were the Spanish  SxS'ds

I have been tempted by the CG guns but it's the custom fitting that's temting me more than anything, 

my budget is around £3.5k but I'm struggling to find prices as there's such a range of prices advertised for the same model of gun. 

I'll speak to castle guns as I'm in the north east but if there's a stand out dealer elsewhere then I would travel as this is a big sum of money for me. 

Jamie 

12 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Cannot comment on the perdix but have two Macnabs made by B Rizzini and they are good guns.

I too have a Macnab Highlander (B.Rizzini) and cannot fault them. Have had three in all.

There are a couple of nice sideplated Highlanders on Guntrader at less than half the price of a Perdix so would allow plenty of money to have them fitted. Just a thought.

OB

I have a B, Rizzini 28 gauge round body and it's an excellent gun. The advice on a solid rib for a game gun is well worth considering.  Mine came from Eldekins of Spalding, a good old fashioned gunshop and gunsmith but may be a bit distant for you. 

If you're not planning to deal directly with Rizzini maybe a call to the importers at ASI and asking about the fitting/ custom option might be worthwhile. Whilst they're trade only I've found them very helpful and  a pleasure to deal with. 

15 minutes ago, seeker said:

I have a B, Rizzini 28 gauge round body and it's an excellent gun. The advice on a solid rib for a game gun is well worth considering.  Mine came from Eldekins of Spalding, a good old fashioned gunshop and gunsmith but may be a bit distant for you. 

If you're not planning to deal directly with Rizzini maybe a call to the importers at ASI and asking about the fitting/ custom option might be worthwhile. Whilst they're trade only I've found them very helpful and  a pleasure to deal with. 

Was thinking of mentioning ASI myself but was'nt sure they'd deal with general public Good advice

I know John Rothery will not deal with the public only trade

1 hour ago, seeker said:

Elderkin used to include gun fitting in the price

11 hours ago, keeper96 said:

Thanks to everyone for the advice but I've just been advised the family is increasing by 1 so all shooting purchases are on hold! 

Thanks all 

jamie 

Oh dear. Perhaps you should have been shooting (with a gun) that day :lol:.

Best wishes with the baby though :good:

OB

• 2 weeks later...

I've also got a Rizzini Inverness round body 28 bore a truly lovely gun and highly recommend these manufacturers they make some very good guns....

Very good high grade walnut stocks and some fantastic engraving on mine but not seen the Inverness any where else 

My gun was from Countrystore Pampisford Cambs