Paper cartridges

nabbers

For the cartridge collectors. 7 Boxes of 10 vintage paper cartridges by Sellier and Bellot from 1970s £15 each  collected with SGC.  Open to offers for all of them 

12G x 70mm x 32G x 2.5 shot  came from an old  chap with a grouse moor!

Or swap for a Brady game bag

xkQlNNJ%ReSNxVvFjvq8dw.jpg

xkQlNNJ%ReSNxVvFjvq8dw.jpg

Edited by nabbers

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

Size 2.5 shot? 

Did he use them on grouse 😐

"English 6,    2.5mm,    US 7 "   is what it says on the box.....Yes they were used on Grouse.  

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

Where abouts are you? 

Thanks 

Hi I'm in North Yorks... could courier subject to checking the rules on this....anyone know?    Pics available if you pm email address or phone number

6 minutes ago, TIDES EDGE said:

I think you will find they are Stellier & Belliot  I used 1000s of them back in the 70s  they were cheap and better than Baikls not so violent.

I stand corrected sir!  Edit made!    I shot off 50 or so at Clays before a chap told me they were collectors items,  they seemed just like any regular Eley cartridge.

43 minutes ago, TIDES EDGE said:

I think you will find they are Stellier & Belliot  I used 1000s of them back in the 70s  they were cheap and better than Baikls not so violent.

I think you`ll find they`re SELLIER & BELLOT

Sellier & Bellot, founded in 1825, is one of the world’s oldest companies in the shooting and defence industry and ranks among the most important engineering companies in the Czech Republic

I took around 25 Sellier and Bellot paper cased, including some 24 gram or 7/8 ozs (rolled turnover, red case) to the local club for their display cabinet, also several Rottweil all plastic green cartridges, some Baikal and the old 'rabbit' paper cased cartridges.

4 hours ago, Westley said:

I took around 25 Sellier and Bellot paper cased, including some 24 gram or 7/8 ozs (rolled turnover, red case) to the local club for their display cabinet, also several Rottweil all plastic green cartridges, some Baikal and the old 'rabbit' paper cased cartridges.  

Funnily enough there's a couple of Rottwiell 20G cartridges in with the odds and ends that came with these! 

5 minutes ago, nabbers said:

Funnily enough there's a couple of Rottwiell 20G cartridges in with the odds and ends that came with these! 

These were entirely cased in plastic, including the head. The only exposed metal was the primer. If memory serves me, they were packed loose,  in 200 sized cases. 

58 minutes ago, Westley said:

These were entirely cased in plastic, including the head. The only exposed metal was the primer. If memory serves me, they were packed loose,  in 200 sized cases. 

Yep bright green in colour the rottys were , moongeese I was still using the last of my S and Bs in 1980 .......... 

19 hours ago, ditchman said:

Bloody cartridges................i used to by them in 10's.......they used to be stuck together with wax and always the odd miss-fire and lots of smoke.............christ they were awful...

that must have been around 1970 ish

Totally agree. In packs of ten. They either went Phut or blew yer 'at off. Pretty inconsistent if I recall.

OB

18 hours ago, triumphant59 said:

£70!! Last time I bought a 1000 of these they cost £60!! It was 1975 mind! Good cartridge.

I'll be honest, these came to me from a well to do sort of source and I googled the manufacturer and they seem to be one of the older ammunition manufacturers around so I assumed these were a top notch cartridge and therefore highly collectable.  Maybe that's not so and I'll just shoot of the rest of them secure in the knowledge that its not like popping open 50 year old champagne, more like 50 yo ginger beer!     

Still for sale if anyone wants to make me an offer!