Can i buy an air rifle from a friend ?

Bogdan31

As said - as long as you are both over 18 then no rules apply unless you are banned from owning a firearm - FAC doesn't really come into it as the owner is unable to sell to you anyway. You might want to ask the Mods to move this to the Airgun section and tell us about the gun and the amount you are considering spending.

Edited by bruno22rf

On Fri Jan 18 2019 at 16:09, bruno22rf said:

Now you need to ask ultrastu in the Airgun section - he's an expert on these IMHO a far better gun than the RM8.

Thanks for the nod bruno .

Im not a fan of the bsa ultra xl .

Its a **** gammo that shouldn't bear the bsa logo. 

Its poorly made out of cheese and plastic with extra sloppy rubber bits .

Buy a proper bsa .ie a normal bsa ultra se or scorpion se. 

8 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Thanks for the nod bruno .

Im not a fan of the bsa ultra xl .

Its a **** gammo that shouldn't bear the bsa logo. 

Its poorly made out of cheese and plastic with extra sloppy rubber bits .

Buy a proper bsa .ie a normal bsa ultra se or scorpion se. 

Now that man speaks with authority 👍

The bsa ultra mmc and the original scorpion are great guns and both mine are still going strong with zero maintainance in over 10 years of solid use. If i absoultely had to pick one gun out of my cabinet now and make a 30 yd shot on a 20mm kill zone .first shot .my life depended on it. 

It would be my first mmc .177 ultra with bis mags, Id choose .its ALWAYS  spot on i havent had to re zero it in maybe 5 years. 

The later se variants  are even better (as they are the same guns with a few tweeks )they are great for tuning and have loads of potential to be  fac rated .

Bsa barrels are second to non for accuracy  and last a lifetime .with little looking after. .

The walther rm8 ????? 

Er ....... nah. 

If I was tied to a chair and whipped with a damp Kipper until I agreed to buy a BSA then it would be the Scorpion - bought one really cheap a couple of years back hoping to make a few quid by selling it - sold it - regretted it ever since ???. For a beginner, Bogdan31, you have chosen wisely - but now that you own the gun it means we can all tut and tell you that it is, the wrong calibre, it's too heavy or too light, it's not as accurate as my uncles Blunderbuss and that it doesn't have enough accessory rails to bolt on all the kitchen accessories that you can buy :friends:.

Edited by bruno22rf

I can certainly help you there bruno .

I have a friend who is a fishmonger and i could borrow a couple of "damp kippers " to get the deed done. 

I bought a 10 year old mk1 bsa scorpion .last year..i topped it up with air. And shot a load of 15 mm groups at 40 yds with about 6 different pellets. With nowt more than a few clicks of the scope turrets. 

Awesome awesome guns.super reliable 

Just now, Bogdan31 said:

Ultrastu  you are right about that bsa ultra xl, I was today to buy  that and it was  .... and I left the store with an  BSA  Scorpion SE 177. 

Excellent bogdan .

You should get . 60 - 70 shots 

From a 240 bar fill down to around 140 bar. 

Try jsb exact 4.53 .or good old air arms field .

Ps if you every decide to go fac air .

It will also do 30 shots at around 16 fpe .too.