Fly fishing in Slovenia, Croatia or Bulgaria

Fatcatsplat

PW Massive,

Fishing in Eastern Europe - Anyone been?

I see loads of flyers in Borat style English that don't really tell me an awful lot and confuse the hell out of my poor little brain.

Looking for some first hand experience or recommendations for outfitters or destinations - Somewhere relatively easy to get to, nice and pretty and not Russia!

Cheers

FCS

Pull up Lustrik Fishing on youtube.   Rok Lustrik is perhaps one of the most experienced trout and salmon fishermen guides in Slovenia. He is 100% reliable and I have fished with him on many occasions.  You will aso fish some stunning locations and waters for browns, rainbows, marble trout and the Hucho ..Danubian salmon. Just a few pictures from my visits.  The bottom picture is on a small mountain stream. I fished from 10am to 4am with a longish luncheon break. I said to Rok that I was now getting tired but he insisted I fish this last pool and that fish I am about to cast to was the 116th I landed that day.

Flights into Slovenia daily from Stansted. Some very reasonable comfortable hotels.  The last time I fished with Rok it was 200 euros a day and sometimes you had to pay a local rod license fee about 35 euros BUT I can tell you the fishing you will have and the service from Rok is well worth every penny.   He will provide everything you need in the way of rods and flies. I do advise you leave it to him what flies/nymphs you use, he was rarely wrong.

His e mail is lustrik@siol.net

P1010057.JPG

P1010608.JPG

Edited by Walker570

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 15:06, Teal said:

@Dunkield knows his stuff!

Have PM'd him, but think he's washing his hair at the moment!!!

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 16:36, Walker570 said:

The top picture is on the Lapena and I was fishing a 5ft 6inch split cane rode with a #2 line and on this rare occasion, a dry fly. In the main on these very powerful clear waters they fish weighted nymphs, however there are occasions when a dry fly works very well.

Thanks Walker570 - I'll follow that up!

On 22/01/2019 at 10:01, Fatcatsplat said:

Have PM'd him, but think he's washing his hair at the moment!!!

It's all dry now.

Here are some write ups from times past

Not sure why the pictures have shrunk over the years, but if you click on them they enlarge.

We always went with a local guide and bought a day ticket from Club Goran.

I haven't been for a few years but keep meaning to go back sometime...

A little memory from a days fishing on a mountain stream in Slovenia. The same stream I had 116 fish on. This small brownie took the nymph and when we had it to hand we saw the tip of this thing sticking out of it's mouth ... it is a small slow worm.  Rok pulled it out and we were both amazed that such a small fish would attempt to, well actually had eaten such a large item of food.  Next time you are worrying that the fly you are using, might be too large .....

001.JPG