Need a new jacket!

Foolofatook

I have just bought a Snowbee Fishing/Shooting jacket for £60 brand new off the bay. 2 x cartridge pockets with tabs to keep the flap open, 2 x handwarmer pockets. Couple of other inside pockets, tartan cotton lining, foldaway peaked hood. Neoprene inner cuffs to stop water running up your sleeves and 3/4 length. Not the quietest of materials, but a great jacket for what it was designed for.  I do NOT do heat, but have found this jacket superb just over a shirt on the one wet day that I have used it. It also folds up small when not in use. Excellent value for money.

Just checked, still a couple left on bay. The colour looks like a beige, but it is in fact green. I had a Snowbee jacket that this is replacing, best shooting jacket that I have ever owned (and I have a few, including Barbour and Musto). Should you have a problem, Snowbee are an excellent Company to deal with.

Edited by Westley

20 minutes ago, welshwarrior said:

For pack away and general shooting coat I find the Harkilla Orton very hard to beat and is worn more than any of my other coats from Barbour to Laksen or Musto to Schoffle 

The  Harkila Orton looks like my next buy, seems to posses all the points im looking for... uttings have them for £150

Edited by islandgun

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Fortis, formerly Country Covers. Had mine on today on the bases of the bitterly cold Pennine Fells, beating. Toasty warm, also waterproof and the hood forms part of the high snug collar. 👍

Or anything by Laksen. 

Managed to get a new quilted jacket/liner for mine, last year. The old one was looking a bit worse for wear, having been worn as a jacket in it's own right. Mind you, it is now some 22 years old.  Oh, and formerly 'Arktis'  !

Edited by Westley

12 minutes ago, Westley said:

Managed to get a new quilted jacket/liner for mine, last year. The old one was looking a bit worse for wear, having been worn as a jacket in it's own right. Mind you, it is now some 22 years old.  Oh, and formerly 'Arktis'  !

Yep. It’s very good gear; I have several of their clothing items. 

Thank you so much for all the responses!!Just need to spend £3000, live to be 200 years old and test them all to destruction.😱

Great info to consider. I was a big fan of Duck-Dri but hear the guys can't get the same materials anymore? Anyway will visit all the suggestions and report back. First stop; Laksen. Thanks again guys 

54 minutes ago, Foolofatook said:

I was a big fan of Duck-Dri but hear the guys can't get the same materials anymore?

Don't know about their jackets, but I bought a Duck-Dri "Poacher" vest a few months ago and it seems to be just the same material as my previous one.   I wore the old one pretty much all day and every day for the previous 7 years, scrambling through hedges, etc, and the outer material has never torn (garment only being replaced because the lining now shows signs of wear, and SWMBO says it does not look respectable enough for visits to theatre/bank manager/dentist, etc).   Much cheaper and much longer lasting than the equivalent Barbour, in my experience.