More seasonal mixed bag

sako751sg

Baltic today and wouldnt have been above freezing but a great day for a walk with the wee dog.

Covered some amount of ground and again the game bag wasnt an easy carry although with my keech shooting it should have been a lot heavier.Outstanding to see 3 good coveys of greys on the same 400ish acre place and again shows what a good summer can do.

Ended up with 3 pheasants,2 mallard,1 hare,1 grey partridge,1 woodcock and a snipe.Some shocking shooting indeed and will have to see whats going wrong as sometimes its pathetic and never really used to be.

Finished with a pond that was frozen over but it ended up a cracking flight with loads coming in,and with the big moon it made it easier.Didnt realise how much was down but but picked 10 mallard and 2 teal which was excellent again.Hopefully manage one more walk next weekend and that will be endex for another season.

VgS03tH.jpg

Tymaq2Y.jpg

0gpziRz.jpg

BVvZXw7.jpg

NzKYcsU.jpg

Ntrt0L2.jpg

BDDQMbT.jpg

JzyvF3j.jpg

iSrvn8P.jpg

oQ2xlCA.jpg

Nenqw2O.jpg

Edited by sako751sg

14 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Core, lovely!:good:

Ta bud.

14 hours ago, marsh man said:

Once again , excellent photos and the covering of snow just make the day that little bit more special , THANKS again for sharing and I am even more envious about today bag than your last one.

Cheers MM.

Snow makes it way better imo.Fine bag indeed,not all about the size for sure.

14 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Yes, super photos and report. Many thanks for putting it up.  Don't worry about the shooting we all have those days, believe me.

Ta fella.Had a couple of days lately that have been pretty mediocre though.I know if i have too many layers on it can make a difference but thought i was dressed fine the day.

14 hours ago, oowee said:

Great photo'sand a fantastic day out. 

Trying for one myself in the morning with a couple of mates. I have to leave the shooting as I am nursing an injury 😞 

Hopefully yous have a top day bud.

Pity about the injury but im sure the company and crack will still be good.

13 hours ago, yickdaz said:

another great day dave and what a duck flight to end on  top draw that :good:   I can imagine it was a  cold wind on that higher ground today

as for the sometimes poor shooting I,m saying nothing 🤐

Good day for sure Daz,and the ducks in the moon were superb.

Chilly but same day we had plus another bit for the woodcock so didnt really have a chance to get cold.

Shooting was abysmal though.Probably flushed another 30ish pheasants and should have had another 6-8 in the bag which were relatively easy shots.Might get on the clays after the season ends and see whats happening.

12 hours ago, Fuddster said:

Sako,

excellent as ever-really appreciate the share.

p.s  'that will be endex for another season'.-.

endex is a shortened version of 'end exercise'-just for those that haven't served in uniform.

again,excellent.

f.

Cheers F.

Aye,Endex was one of the best words you could hear for a long time.

33 minutes ago, sako751sg said:

Ta bud.

The snow and frost had put them into the usual banker wee bit and saw plenty.Ones enough though.

Weve not had much in the way of frost. but snipe numbers are down now compared to a few weeks ago, when there seemed to be one behind every bit of grass.. you had a great bag though, I bet you didnt get a xmas card from your butcher again this year..😉

7 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Weve not had much in the way of frost. but snipe numbers are down now compared to a few weeks ago, when there seemed to be one behind every bit of grass.. you had a great bag though, I bet you didnt get a xmas card from your butcher again this year..😉

😁

We didnt,although we did buy beef olives from him last year so a wee bit ungrateful.Glad to say everything edible is used and a lot goes to the various farmers too.

18 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Once again Dave a great mixed bag , well done , Wouldn't worry about a  bad days shooting we all have them.

I was out on the Sika today in the Borders but unfortunately never saw a deer :no:

Ta Mark.

Aye,the Sika are no an easy beast to get on top of right enough.Did you just have the one day and Dougies?

8 hours ago, Novice said:

Fantastic!

Cheers Fella.

5 hours ago, pbutd said:

Snipe retrieve picture is one to savour.

My favourite of the day too bud.

3 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

great as usual :good:

Cheers Bumpy.