Electronic crow caller

Salmo

I shoot driven stuff and big into wildfowling but started shooting crows 15 years ago . I find them now my number 1 . I have picked up more shooting through crow control in the last 3 years than I can shoot . I just love shooting them . Crows are smart that helps them , but they are very curious and that kills them . 

Jdog I know the law .........

I assume this is a test of what draws them in better? Electronic or a manual call? If that’s the case I’m just bemused as you’re shooting a film for crow control what use is an electronic call going to be for controlling crows? 

Genuinly interested. 

Primos are good but take a lot of practice to get tone and pitch correct. Plus you can do a jackdaw call which brings crows in too and JD obviously. 

It’s a test we’re conducting ...... thanks for all the info but I wish I’d never put anything on here . I’ve never broken the law . It will probably make tv but part of it is crows don’t like leaving injured crows and are very vocal about it . I’ll leave it there again many thanks 

All of the shooting I have (about 25 farms) gained over the last 5 years was off the back of shooting blacks. I am now lucky enough to have 8 farms for deer and shoot foxes over them all. Still shoot the blacks and if there were some about I would shoot pigeons too. 

Some of the farms here are so thick with rooks that they can stop the cattle coming into the yard to feed. 

Maybe he is filing an informative piece on Corvid control and in doing so is showing the best way to do it i.e. do calls work etc. Poor guys not doing anything wrong - look forward to watching it - I love picking them off with the .17 over a dead Rabbit, normally pick one up from the side of the road then pop it about 100 yards out in a field before shooting them from a hide.