Adamdobson

Good morning everyone

Totally new to the whole forum idea. Am not going to come on and ask for land to shoot on etc am more looking for help to find best books or people near to me who's willing to teach a complete novice the ins and outs and skills etc. I live in selby north yorkshire. If anyone can help or can point me in right direction would very much appreciate it. 

Thanks again

Adam

1 hour ago, Adamdobson said:

Good morning everyone

Totally new to the whole forum idea. Am not going to come on and ask for land to shoot on etc am more looking for help to find best books or people near to me who's willing to teach a complete novice the ins and outs and skills etc. I live in selby north yorkshire. If anyone can help or can point me in right direction would very much appreciate it. 

Thanks again

Adam

good honest introduction..................you will get more out of making a truthful post like that.........:welcomeani:

Hi Adam. Welcome to PW.

The first thing you need is to learn safe gun handling and how to shoot well - you are in luck in that you are near one of the best coaches there is http://www.clayshootingcoach.com/ who is also a member on here "Beretta" who now  teaches at Park Lodge SS among other places.

A great guy who will put you on the right path  from the start.

Thats good to know i have been park lodge clay shoot everyone there is great and happy to help. Thanks for the link much appreciated. 

2 hours ago, Fisheruk said:

Hi Adam, and welcome. I’m a bit far away, but get into Yorkshire every week or so. I am sure there will be those closer who will offer to help, but if not let me know. What are you looking to do?

Basically am wanting to transfer over from clays shooting to game shooting and wanting to start with pigeon. 

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

good honest introduction..................you will get more out of making a truthful post like that.........:welcomeani:

Thanks i don't now and never will see the point in not telling truth especially when part of the sport/hobby involves guns just wouldn't be safe.