Lesson learned

Wiggum

I came home from work on Tuesday and the wife handed me a receipt and asked “what’s that for” well it turned out it was the receipt for the new beretta 690 black I’d purchased just before Christmas and had smuggled it into my cabinet whilst she was at work. She wouldn’t have been any wiser to my recent purchase but I’d accidentally left the receipt on the dining room table and she had found it whilst organising my work expenses receipts . 🤦🏻‍♂️ I’ve now had the silent treatment since Tuesday and I’m actually quite enjoying it 🤣. So my lesson I’ve learnt is to leave the receipts in my gun safe where she can’t find them and to cover my tracks better in the future. 

Edited by Wiggum
Grammer

Just now, Wiggum said:

I came home from work on Tuesday and the wife handed me a receipt and asked “what’s that for” well it turned out it was the receipt for the new beretta 690 black I’d purchased just before Christmas and had smuggled it into my cabinet whilst she was at work. She wouldn’t have been any wiser to my recent purchase but I’d accidentally left the receipt on the dining room table and she had found it whilst organising my work expenses receipts . 🤦🏻‍♂️ I’ve now had the silent treatment since Tuesday and I’m actually quite enjoying it 🤣. So my lesson I’ve learnt I’ve learnt is to leave the receipts in my gun safe where she can’t find them and to cover my tracks better in the future. 

Or leave them out! 😁

8 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

So how did you spending the money on a gun affect her? Did she or you family have to do without because of it? If they did, shame on you if they didn't, what's she moaning about! Lol! 🤕

Think it’s the whole “why do you need another one when I’ve already got a semi auto and a SxS in the cabinet but won’t find out until she starts talking to me again 🤣. I’d always promised myself a O/U when I could afford one as I sold a Browning Cynergy about 8 years ago to buy a baby travel system when our little boy was due and wouldn’t have bought it if it meant me getting into dept or not paying the mortgage etc. Also I got £300 off the ticket price 👍🏻

3 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Unlike my Mrs, i see something and she tells me to buy it. 

I’m like that with mine forever telling her to treat herself and buy something she likes but she won’t ??? I think she’s faulty and I may have to return her or trade her in for a newer model. I’ve already said I’m using my rebate money to book us a holiday and she’s still not happy 🙄

26 minutes ago, Wiggum said:

Think it’s the whole “why do you need another one when I’ve already got a semi auto and a SxS in the cabinet but won’t find out until she starts talking to me again 🤣. I’d always promised myself a O/U when I could afford one as I sold a Browning Cynergy about 8 years ago to buy a baby travel system when our little boy was due and wouldn’t have bought it if it meant me getting into dept or not paying the mortgage etc. Also I got £300 off the ticket price 👍🏻

Bargain......  Would have been rude not to.

6 hours ago, sportsbob said:

I came home once to a disgruntled wife because some fool at the local gun shop had left an answerphone message saying the new gun I had ordered was now ready for collection. That cost me a Diamond and Sapphire ring which cost more than the bloody gun. 

The solution would be to never give your landline number to any gunshop, just your mobile number.

Reminds me of the story of a wife hearing her husband referring to a another woman's name on the phone and he told her it was the name of a horse that he had put a bet on.

Next day he came home to his wife to be told 'Oh by the way, your horse just phoned'. The old ones are the best.

OB