Mini driven days

I think the bag number is a touch too low to attract interest and it is going to be an expensive day if you approach commercial shoots for such as their expenses for the day are much the same.  I think a minimum bag of 50 and then that is on the low side.  I shoot with two small syndicates through the season on 80 bird days and we have a great time and I would think the estate just about breaks even on them.   That is shooting eight guns.   Appreciate what your plan is but I think you might find it difficult to find anyone willing to travel "around the midlands" for 30 birds.  I may be wrong. 

I agree with Walk570 and think that's very realistic......A DIY syndicate could work if you've got the land and a few more people interested to help run it so you could do a walk one stand one type scenario. Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

Edited by prem1234

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry not to reply sooner.

This isn't a diy syndicate 

A friend keepers an estate and his boss has asked him to put on some more boundary days next season bag 30-40 mixed for 6 guns at a cost of £175 per gun dates flexible but must be full teams.

If putting a team together is of any interest to anyone please send me a pm.

44 minutes ago, dorianbuilders said:

Sorry not to reply sooner.

This isn't a diy syndicate 

A friend keepers an estate and his boss has asked him to put on some more boundary days next season bag 30-40 mixed for 6 guns at a cost of £175 per gun dates flexible but must be full teams.

If putting a team together is of any interest to anyone please send me a pm.

Just to add...there would be 4 days available throughout the season, One per month. If possible I'd like the same team to take all 4 days, I shall take one gun therefore 5 places to fill.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd update this if anyone is interested.

The shoot is in Oswestry.

It will be £170 per gun hoping we can get the same guns for the 4 days, I'll probably shoot one gun so 5 more to make it work at present although I've a few others interested.
Format would be meet at the beaters room for a cup of tea and a roll, soup in the field or in the beaters room weather depending then finish with a drink and some cake in the beaters room.
Its replacing a syndicate and they shot from mid 30s to just over 40.

Regards

Bird wise the offer is £33 a bird if you shoot 30   and 40 birds is a little over £25 ....so avaerage that out at 35 birds  is £29 a bird which in the coming season that will be good value as the word is that bird rates will go up between 5 and 10% this coming season.   Ok the team might have to provide their own 'Elevensies'  but if the same team then each member can take it in turns to supply.   Not a big deal for six of you.  Short of any physical reason I am logged in and look forward to it.

20 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Bird wise the offer is £33 a bird if you shoot 30   and 40 birds is a little over £25 ....so avaerage that out at 35 birds  is £29 a bird which in the coming season that will be good value as the word is that bird rates will go up between 5 and 10% this coming season.   Ok the team might have to provide their own 'Elevensies'  but if the same team then each member can take it in turns to supply.   Not a big deal for six of you.  Short of any physical reason I am logged in and look forward to it.

Thanks for that Neville.

As I said I'm happy to put on some soup etc and from what I remember from the original conversation is that the keeper send a bottle of wine or something of the sort.