What's that thing called?

walshie

I'm just getting round to refurbing an old wood burner for the garage. I'm going to wire brush the whole thing and paint it back to black. I've got the flue, the rope to go round the door, but I need to source the "thing" that lifts off the round hatches for want of a better description. Each little lid has 2 holes in, so I assume there is a tool to fit, but I can't find one as I don't know what it's called. I'm sure I could manage with a screwdriver, but I'd rather have the correct implement.

Burner.jpg.caf584f84d3022e82dbd710a5d1d2a9a.jpg

they do that model in Machinmarte.................should get the tool there........the tool has 2 uses 

1. lifting the ash tray out (handle)
  2. lifting the pot covers off

when you fit it in the garage put "a balanced flue " on it....its just a gizmo that fits twixt the burner and the flue pipe....it will make it more cost effective...

Edited by ditchman

24 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

£2.64? I wasn't thinking of spending that kind of money! 

Thanks TC. I'll get that one. I couldn't figure out what it should look like. Cheers. :good:

23 hours ago, ditchman said:

they do that model in Machinmarte.................should get the tool there........the tool has 2 uses 

1. lifting the ash tray out (handle)
  2. lifting the pot covers off

when you fit it in the garage put "a balanced flue " on it....its just a gizmo that fits twixt the burner and the flue pipe....it will make it more cost effective...

do you mean a damper ditchman