The first CLA game fair-short video

Fuddster

35 minutes ago, quentyn said:

those clay traps.... wow i wander how many people lost their fingers ?

I used them at many clay shoot  they were the Eley plus trap  also use at that time was the Blaire Cowie  auto trap  which was cocked by a long connection rod and released by the operator from behind the shooter , these were more dangerous because  the  trapper in the trap house  had load the table with every single bird 

Feltwad

On 20/01/2019 at 13:11, CaptC said:

Who does the chap with the semi auto remind you of? Clue - He writes a lot of gun reviews -------

I don`t think that we`re allowed to mention his name on here for fear of being sued, but is it an anagram of -:

I LEAK MY DREY ?

OB

Life at a slower pace in those days , the first C L A game fair I went to was at Burghley House in Stamford in the early 60s , the first thing I saw were David Home Galls inflated pigeon decoys sitting on the tree branches after being put up with rods with a funnel on the end .

W A G B I had a beer tent for members , all free , all you done was put a donation in a bucket , also it amazed me that in spite it being in July a lot of people walked around with a Barbour wax coat on , I wonder if it was a game fair tradition in the days gone by ?