Funny eye

Davyo

Got up this morning everything fine.Then about an hour ago my right eye has gone fuzzy.Its as if there was a finger smudge on the lense of my glasses(readers).But its actually my eye,rinsed my eyes in case it was a eyelash but its still there.

Anybody experience this, i know you can get caliderscope eyes if you suffer from migraine.I have no headache of dizziness and feel fine.  

Edited by Davyo

I get variable vision that sounds broadly similar but I put mine down to too much looking at bright torch pills when I was converting those old 501b torches. I just accept thats partly self induced and deal with it. I'm aware diabetics can also have variable vision according to their blood suger levels which I also have - type 2.

Hope it clears up for you mate.

16 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I get variable vision that sounds broadly similar but I put mine down to too much looking at bright torch pills when I was converting those old 501b torches. I just accept thats partly self induced and deal with it. I'm aware diabetics can also have variable vision according to their blood suger levels which I also have - type 2.

Hope it clears up for you mate.

Same here mate playing with IR pills, plus sitting at a computer all day when i worked.Will get to doctors in the morning & get checked over.56 yrs old and starting to feel it lol.

I recently suffered the same, In the right eye, I was Grouse shooting that morning, so I carried on (Missed more than usual!! Lol!)......I also noticed when I look to the right (in the dark) I had light flashes in the corner of my right eye??

I too am type 2, and 69 years of age, I had my annual retinopathy and an eye test a couple of weeks ago....prescription hasn't changed! and everything came back normal....the optician said it was probably age related, as I remember, something to do with viscosity/dryness/fall off of natural lubricant of the eye, and if it reoccurred, I was to go to the hospital Eye ED.......so far all seems ok!

But as someone else said it could be something else......so pop down the AE and get it checked out!

Edited by panoma1

Can I say that whilst i echo the comments about having it checked out properly, i don't think it merits a trip to A&E.

We have major problems in this country with people using A&E as they see it as being easier than getting a GP appointment.  Speak to the triage nurse at your GP practice, if they determine the symptoms sound as such as it merits rapid attention they will either direct you to A&E or expedite an appointment at the GP.

A bit of fuzzy vision in one eye with no other symptoms does not really constitute a medical emergency.

5 hours ago, Davyo said:

Got up this morning everything fine.Then about an hour ago my right eye has gone fuzzy.Its as if there was a finger smudge on the lense of my glasses(readers).But its actually my eye,rinsed my eyes in case it was a eyelash but its still there.

Anybody experience this, i know you can get caliderscope eyes if you suffer from migraine.I have no headache of dizziness and feel fine.  

Can I suggest that you get it checked QUICKLY.  I woke up one morning, 2 years ago and my left eye seemed a 'bit fuzzy' but with a black line across the top half of the eye. As there is an Opticians at the top of the road, I went straight there. A quick eye test and I took a seat in the waiting room. The Optician came out and announced that I was to take a letter that he handed me, straight to the A & E at the local eye hospital. I asked if I could go the next day, to be told, you may have lost the sight in that eye by then. An hour later I was in the Hospital After various examinations, tests and what seemed like gallons of drops in both eyes, I was sent home to return next morning for surgery. After an operation lasting around 2 hours, I was kept in until mid afternoon. I was then allowed home. I then had to spend 2 weeks laying on my right side. Every 50 minutes, I had to get up and walk around for 10 minutes then back down again for another 50 minutes.  This went on for around 14 hours or more a day for 2 weeks. IF you fail to do this it could lead to further operations and possible sight loss. After several more trips back to Hospital for checks, I was told that due to the surgery I would now need a cataract operation. This was a lot quicker and no 'down time' after. After almost 12 months, I got the sight back correctly in the affected eye, although now, if the sun as much as shows, it is on with the sunglasses. Thankfully I am right handed with a right master eye, but I was unable to shoot for over 6 months after the op.  I have since met a guy who did NOT follow the instructions he was given regarding the laying down bit (called posturing), it followed with 4 more operations and he has lost a lot of the vision through the affected eye. It has taught me what life would be like with just one eye, NOT a pleasant experience. This is why I urge you to get it checked QUICKLY. I hope it is not a detached retina, but it does need immediate attention. 

5 hours ago, panoma1 said:

I recently suffered the same, In the right eye, I was Grouse shooting that morning, so I carried on (Missed more than usual!! Lol!)......I also noticed when I look to the right (in the dark) I had light flashes in the corner of my right eye??

I too am type 2, and 69 years of age, I had my annual retinopathy and an eye test a couple of weeks ago....prescription hasn't changed! and everything came back normal....the optician said it was probably age related, as I remember, something to do with viscosity/dryness/fall off of natural lubricant of the eye, and if it reoccurred, I was to go to the hospital Eye ED.......so far all seems ok!

But as someone else said it could be something else......so pop down the AE and get it checked out!

That's a new one for the book of excuses, it's excuse 192. getting a long list this.

Sorry about your eye by the way.😁

2 hours ago, Westley said:

Can I suggest that you get it checked QUICKLY.  I woke up one morning, 2 years ago and my left eye seemed a 'bit fuzzy' but with a black line across the top half of the eye. As there is an Opticians at the top of the road, I went straight there. A quick eye test and I took a seat in the waiting room. The Optician came out and announced that I was to take a letter that he handed me, straight to the A & E at the local eye hospital. I asked if I could go the next day, to be told, you may have lost the sight in that eye by then. An hour later I was in the Hospital After various examinations, tests and what seemed like gallons of drops in both eyes, I was sent home to return next morning for surgery. After an operation lasting around 2 hours, I was kept in until mid afternoon. I was then allowed home. I then had to spend 2 weeks laying on my right side. Every 50 minutes, I had to get up and walk around for 10 minutes then back down again for another 50 minutes.  This went on for around 14 hours or more a day for 2 weeks. IF you fail to do this it could lead to further operations and possible sight loss. After several more trips back to Hospital for checks, I was told that due to the surgery I would now need a cataract operation. This was a lot quicker and no 'down time' after. After almost 12 months, I got the sight back correctly in the affected eye, although now, if the sun as much as shows, it is on with the sunglasses. Thankfully I am right handed with a right master eye, but I was unable to shoot for over 6 months after the op.  I have since met a guy who did NOT follow the instructions he was given regarding the laying down bit (called posturing), it followed with 4 more operations and he has lost a lot of the vision through the affected eye. It has taught me what life would be like with just one eye, NOT a pleasant experience. This is why I urge you to get it checked QUICKLY. I hope it is not a detached retina, but it does need immediate attention. 

What was the diagnosis? Detached retina?

6 hours ago, grrclark said:

Can I say that whilst i echo the comments about having it checked out properly, i don't think it merits a trip to A&E.

We have major problems in this country with people using A&E as they see it as being easier than getting a GP appointment.  Speak to the triage nurse at your GP practice, if they determine the symptoms sound as such as it merits rapid attention they will either direct you to A&E or expedite an appointment at the GP.

A bit of fuzzy vision in one eye with no other symptoms does not really constitute a medical emergency.

One chap i know nearly lost his sight because of his eyes swelling and putting pressure on his lenses, apparently if he hadn't gone to A&E he would likely be blind now, he did have other symptoms but i would say if there is something wrong with your vision for a continuess amount of time you get it checked out, that's not wasting anyone's time.

5 minutes ago, Mice! said:

One chap i know nearly lost his sight because of his eyes swelling and putting pressure on his lenses, apparently if he hadn't gone to A&E he would likely be blind now, he did have other symptoms but i would say if there is something wrong with your vision for a continuess amount of time you get it checked out, that's not wasting anyone's time.

I quite agree, but A&E shouldn’t be the first port of call, unless you absolutely believe it is a medical emergency.

Call NHS Direct or NHS 24 (whatever it’s called in Emgland) and get them to triage the symptoms if the GP is closed.

Mine was same as yours Westley, and pretty much exactly as you described it although my black line came down like a curtain. Operation 2 days later then 2 weeks where I had to look at my feet for 50 minutes every hour - didn't work in my case and now blind in that eye. Anyone who thinks that Eye problems do not warrant a trip to A&E simply fail to realise that, in some cases, time is limited if surgery is needed. Don't risk it - I lost my right eye and had shot right handed for over 30 years when I lost that eye, the only saving grace is that I have always been a terrible shot so switching shoulders has given me an excuse now.

4 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

This has just happend to me this morning. 

Fine first thing then after an hour my left eye went blurry (and thats usually my best eye. ) .

Slowly improving during the day .just booked an eye appointment. 

hope its nothing serious and your seen quickly.

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 13:32, Davyo said:

Did things get back to normal or have you been checked out?

HI,  I had the same happen to me years ago.  I thought the lens had fallen out my glasses, but after a while it cleared up, only to happen again.

I now know it was migraine.  No headaches nor other vision problems, however, these did come some time later.

You really should get checked out, as who knows what's going on.

Hope your soon sorted.

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

hope its nothing serious and your seen quickly.

Did things get back to normal or have you been checked out?

It went away this morning about 10am after id  spoken to Sunderland Eye infirmary on the phone.Got appointment in the morning but have to take bus or get a lift.Going to put something in my eyes which means i can't drive.