VAUXHALL MERIVA HELP REQUIRED,

oldypigeonpopper

hello, my sons car as above we have accidentally locked his only key in car on parcel shelf, boot lid is open but stuck on catch,green flag could not open drivers door despite  getting to flip  door knob and handle, could i drill out lock on   boot and open that way or advise to get in car would be appreciated

Has he got the Id tag with key number on it .its a little alloy tag .if so go to dealers and by a new one .did he not get 2keys when he bought it .or is key number written in service book 

1 hour ago, Swinton said:

Has he got the Id tag with key number on it .its a little alloy tag .if so go to dealers and by a new one .did he not get 2keys when he bought it .or is key number written in service book 

hello, its on the key ring in car, and no he did not get spare even though i kept saying !!!!!

13 minutes ago, Swinton said:

Much easier with a metal coat hanger .i was locked out ones .use the all metal corn hanger  on the back door took about 5mins 

just need to pull the button up 

hello, green flag chap tried with his tools but did not work, he said the auto lock is on.

Have a go with coat hanger .slid it between door and glass down side of door pillar and pull the button up .bend a hook on 

the end it does work .if he rings Vauxhall CustomerService they have a record of the key number for the car .

Edited by Guest

39 minutes ago, stuartc44 said:

If operating the door lever on the inside doesn't open the door it sounds like it is deadlocked so might have to break a window.

Only other google can offer is these:-

And also:-

https://howfixcars.com/How-to-retrieve-your-keys-by-breaking-into-Vauxhall-Meriva.html

hello, greenflag chap tried this to no avail 

1 minute ago, decoy1979 said:

Is there any chance of prying the top of the door ajar and hooking the key off the parcel shelf? You can tape over the paintwork to protect it & use plastic or wooden wedges.

hello, no as he has a watch on the key ring to, am going to give Vauxhall customer service a call tomorrow, thanks to reply

On 20/01/2019 at 15:56, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, my sons car as above we have accidentally locked his only key in car on parcel shelf, boot lid is open but stuck on catch,green flag could not open drivers door despite  getting to flip  door knob and handle, could i drill out lock on   boot and open that way or advise to get in car would be appreciated

hello, just an up date, all sorted by a motor and home locksmith, and a spare key made, thanks for all replies