Can anyone crack this code???

johnnythefox70

First:

Conversation with Mason. Tryim(n) g fresh method. Gave prescription for douch. Advised lysol dettol etc harmful. 

Second:

H came for ham. Left without it after stayinj(g) to billiards and light refreshments. 

(full stops and spelling correction mine) 

Edited by Lord v

30 minutes ago, Zapp said:

Well that may explain why its encrypted, if they were talking about birth control.

Fair point.... I forgot it had been used for that. I was thinking a bacterial problem. 

Does make me wonder who H was and how legit that ham was that that entry had to be encrypted... 😁

Would be interesting to decrypt more. Sounds like an interesting chap. He is likely a Dr (wrote a prescription) , but clearly not serving in WWII (at least at this point) so probably older and outside possibility of an age to have seen service in WWI. The talk of billiards but not going anywhere to play suggests someone of means. (who else had a billiard room! Also fits with Dr theory) 

The spelling mistakes suggest someone using the code from memory rather than a crib sheet. But not so proficient that mistakes aren't made (letters are used correctly elsewhere) in such a short passage. 

Would take a punt at him being a Mason. 

Did wonder if Mason was a name or a description... (probably not birth control in that case!)