When mini diggers go bad...

grrclark

One of the lads showed me this earlier. 

Apparenty the lad driving hasn’t been paid for a long time, they kept pieing him off, apparently at home his gas, electric etc all been cut off. 

Guess this was the straw that broke the camels back. 

Silly though as imagine hell be banged up for that? 

8 minutes ago, grrclark said:

All i’ve seen is speculation about his reasons.

Silly lad however, if his pay has been mucked around that is bad, but not worth going to jail for and I suspect his card will be marked in the building industry now.

He will be inundated with job offers from demolition firms though 😀

To be honest, if it got to the point where his services were cut off at home then I don’t blame him. I would be furious to. You don’t do that unless it’s got to a bad point. Really does wind me up how the big firms think they can walk over the workers. Just bullying. Hopefully it makes them sit up and think. 

If he’s got to the point of being cut off I doubt £600 would help. 

Hes a fool to him self . 

We were took and it cost us £80k in the end and as much as I’d of liked to do something like this i know it’s not worth it. I sat and cried instead. 

I’m owed £1500 now for 3 months by a customer but I’ve got to sit tight . I need to pay for my wedding this month too 😞  . 

It causes major depression not getting your wages but on that site he’s caused a job to fall behind for others now so they’ll be in the same boat .

in the video you can see brick work damaged, doors, ceilings 

The thing is this - less than £10k and it’s a small claim and you can’t recover legal costs, so get knocked for less than £10k and you’re on a loser from the get go.

Most of my construction clients say they know when the ‘knock’ is coming - the type of client / the attitude in the last days of the job.

One window fitter says he can take a window out in less than 4 minutes -  he doesn’t get paid and they all come out again and are left neatly on the floor 😀

I understand it entirely - we have a general rule at work of ‘money up front’. Sometimes you have to take a view or extend some credit but invariably you end up 1 - 0 down.

3 hours ago, mick miller said:

The answer is simple, pay employees on time.

In construction it’s not always so simple unfortunately. Contracts need finishing and things go wrong.

im waiting on cnc glass work and it’s 10-15 working days currently. I need to get my bill in too 😞 but they are just so busy. It’s normally 5-10 . 

I’ll add being the boss I’m always last before my lads

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Fair play to the digger driver I say , his boss with think twice before he rips someone else off. The real shame is that the digger driver will probably end up in prison.

Wonder what the full story is tho first. Delayed payment or refused payment. 

Ive met some bosses trying their hardest to keep lads in work and money 

It was an apparant glitch in his bank account that it didnt process the wages for a few days.

It takes many months for your utilities to be cut off so maybe he was just bad with money, i dont know the full circs of that so maybe im being harsh.

But i fail to see how causing many thousands of pounds worth of damage is helping him pay bills, plus he could have injured someone.

Im also sad to see some doorknob from a union condoning his actions on tv last night.

I was owed off 2 jobs. One i got no chance of recovering the other is ongoing...there is a right way to do this.