28G

Budice

Evening Pigeonwatch massive.

I'm looking for a 28G youths size gun for my Mrs. She's 5ft and weighs about 52Kg, hence the youths size, anything in the up to £500 top end price please?

Can travel within 60 mles of Bath, Somerset.

Pm or reply here with appropiate items

Many thanks

Budice

I bought a Kofs 28 bore the day before my shoots keepers day last season. I was back gun most of the day mopping up pricked birds, and some missed ones.Didnt hit everything but was very pleased with how it performed.It feels like a "proper" gun. As has been mentioned £500 happy customer. atb toads

13 hours ago, Budice said:

Thanks for the replies guys i'll look out some Kofs and Yildiz then.

How about a 20bore?

hello,  an average £50 a 1000 cheaper than 28g, a lighter cartridge still has a good range and very suitable for a lady, there were a few ladies on a recent shoot and they were using 20s

33 minutes ago, Budice said:

Great, thanks for the replies guys. My Mrs is Tiny though, 5ft and about 50Kg and petite build

There's only around 6 to 7oz difference between a 28g and a 20g

Take a look at Solware They have a Kofs youth one 20g  3" chambers at £479.95

One on GT youth 26" barrels  5lb 5oz at £475 in the discription  £495 on the heading  

Edited by sabel25

I would look at the Armsan semi (1 currently on here).  My 32 years old Grandaughter shoots my 12 bore Beretta 303 which weighs in at 7 1/4 lbs. Using 24 gram cartridges she is able to shoot a couple or rounds of skeet or a 50 bird sporting shoot, without difficulty. She is 5' 3"  and is ultra slim (bloody THIN  !). The Armsan auto is lighter than my Beretta  !  The gas auto will also be softer on her shoulder. I have a 20 bore, but being a touch too long for my Grandaughter, she feels the recoil on the top of her arm more, and that is with 21 gram cartridge.  I used a 391 for a lot of Instruction and 'Have a go' days, which included a LOT of ladies and youngsters. ALL of these people had never shot before and I can not recall any of them who wanted to give up after their first shot. If it was hot or summertime and they were wearing a thin T shirt, a folded hand towel between gun and shoulder was usually enough to lessen recoil. If she is going to shoot the gun a lot, then a shoulder pad such as the 'Pact' would be suitable. The gun has the added bonus of you being able to use it too, fitted with a suitable stock extension.  What is not to like  ?  Spend £200 on the gun and the rest on some proper lessons to start her off correctly.