sillosock flapper

rheth

I use sillosock covers on all my shells and they are very good, but my flappers are both AA decoys with timers fitted, they are good value and have served me well for the last 5 years, still going strong.

For the magnet I have 2 hypa-flaps , these work well but I prefer to stick on dead birds as soon as I have a couple on the ground.

thanks lakeside now sorted ordered 2 motorised flappers and 10 shell covers with the added bonus of them being in the January sale 30% off absolute bargain cant wait to try them out.i also have 2 AA decoy flappers  which I have had for 8 years the only thing that has gone wrong with them was the motors  broke which you can buy on ebay for £2.50 delivered from china and very easy to fit.i wanted the sillosock flappers to go on bouncer to get a bit more height.

The only problem I had with using shells with covers on was difficulty getting them to sit on the spring top pegs, so I got rid of all my pegs and made up some home designed wire mounts, these locate in the peg hole in the back of the shell but travel up the back to the head where I bent them down to form a mounting rod about 10 inches long, these are permanently fitted to the shells with a hot glue gun doing all the fixing,one extra advantage is they stack together without removing the mounts, I got the idea from my sillosock pinkfoot geese decoys which come with a steel rod mounted in the head allowing the decoy to turn like a windsock to always face into the wind, very handy when the wind changes direction in mid session.