Scam

deny essex

19 minutes ago, deny essex said:

Received a phone call today around 1.30 pm on the landline saying my internet security had been compromised and would be turned off in an hours time, and to ring xxxxxxxxx number to resolve the matter , I didnt call them, am I getting out ?   😜

regular occurrence most weeks also the "This is BT technical services your internet will be terminated in one hour" in am american accent :no::lol:

My TV Licence is going to expire tomorrow as my online payment has been refused by the bank - apparently nearly every week for the last couple of months :yes:. When I'm bored I fill in the online forms with the most ridiculous (and disgusting) names I can think of, search online for fake account numbers and card details then send the lot back - it's like scam but in reverse.

Had all of the above over the last month.

Paypal one came today.

I just used the senders email address to recieve notifications from.........

many online "adult shops" , dating sites and anything else I could think of with automated email notifications.

the night is still young,

info@equals.org.in

claiming to be paypal.

lol it has a live in box not the usual don't reply.

I've been getting calls from "Openreach" that at first glance of the number seem genuine as they have a local dialling code,  :hmm:but I know Openreach don't contact customers directly, and the thick Mumbai accent is a giveaway. I don't know what scam they are trying to pull as I just insult them until they hang up. :lol:

I received a call from a foreign woman from Clithero at work today, she told me she was from some company or other and could i answer a few questions, i offered her a trade off, i answer her questions if she answered just one of mine. 

OK she said.

So, if you were to receive a call from someone on your personal phone would it be acceptable for you to have a chat when you should be working earning some money ???

End of call and number blocked, 

2 hours ago, pinfireman said:

In case of "live" calls from scammers, keep a refs whistle by the phone......one blast from that, and their eardrums are seriously at risk!

That was the advise given by our policewomen when they visited women who had indecent phone calls back in the 60s and 70s....it still works today.

Just had one yesterday  They informed me that the insurance on my washing machine is due to expire

Reply   That's odd i have never had insurance on it so how is it expiring

Ohh  ehh would you like it insured and is it still working  and so on and the rest the mods will not let me put on here

One of the best ways is when they call and either ask for you by  your name or are you the owner just say no he/she is not in and you only looking after the house or please wait i wil go and find him / her and lay the receiver down and let them wait  ( if you have time ) and let them wait for as long as you can They will still be there then hang up after as long as you can

Edited by sabel25

20 minutes ago, gotgcoalman said:

litteraly just had "your TV insurance has expired" and if I don't pay to renew then my TV wont work any more.

Thank goodness I keep my "willy insurance" up to date.

When you get to a certain age the "breakdown cover" gives you piece of mind.

That's me that supplies your willie insurance  and it has just expired

Have you got your lasses mobile number :yahoo: