Browning Ultra models

sishyplops

The Ultra XS is the standard sporter, XT is the trap version. Ultra XSH is somewhere between the two - a trap version of the XS with a sporter forend and multichokes.

The Prestige is a bling version of XS. Nicer wood generally and different engraving. Comes with titanium chokes as standard.

I notice they have just introduced an XS Pro too. No idea about this one!

I’ve owned a standard XS for years and no real desire to change. Quite heavy but that’s no bad thing.

Perhaps just another marketing ploy same as cartridges

Loads of numbers implied to the same gun  Just a quick look on GT and one will find in excess of 2500 Brownings and Berreta's each with more numbers than a telephone directory

I was asked a couple of years back to find some flush fitting chokes for a mates' mates beretta

I had to google and troll through all info to find what the hell i was supposed to be looking for. Not being a Berretta person i had'nt a clue what the hell i was looking for

After research i managed to locate some, Thanks to a nice PW member

No disripect to Browning / Beretta owners but it's a mine field

Ultra XS and XT succeeded the Ultra GTI. They weren't much more than a minor facelift and retained the old heavyweight barrels but eventually the XS Prestige and Titanium versions which replaced them had better wood and (finally) lighter barrels with Briley supplied chokes, all of which meant a step up in handling. The Ultra XS Pro is the same gun but with revised graphics and an accessory set that includes balance weights and alternative trigger blades.

2 minutes ago, Westward said:

Ultra XS and XT succeeded the Ultra GTI. They weren't much more than a minor facelift and retained the old heavyweight barrels but eventually the XS Prestige and Titanium versions which replaced them had better wood and (finally) lighter barrels with Briley supplied chokes, all of which meant a step up in handling. The Ultra XS Pro is the same gun but with revised graphics and an accessory set that includes balance weights and alternative trigger blades.

Just like the Car Industry then?

15 minutes ago, Fatcatsplat said:

The Ultra GTi is probably the ugliest gun in the world - Awful wood and really bad 1980's boy racer logos on the action with absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever, BUT, it's a lovely gun to shoot, well balanced and fits me like a glove.

My biggest gun sale regret is a yellow go faster stripe Browning GTI.