Beretta fixed choke

toads

Personally speaking I don't chop and change the chokes and generally stick with a 1/4 and 1/2 which suits me on the majority of the shooting that I do which is game, sporting clays and rough. There is the odd occasion I might swap the chokes if I'm expecting some higher/longer birds or rabbits at distance etc so it's nice to have the option.

One of my guns is a 687 silver pigeon III Sporter with multi choke, although I was tempted with a 687 Game with fixed chokes I went for the Sporter due to flexibility 

Edited by prem1234

3 minutes ago, figgy said:

Not sure why but fixed choke Berettas seem to throw better patterns than the multichoke of same gun. 

Son has a 687 grade 4 30" fixed 1/4&1/2 I bought for him to shoot and it handles better than a lot of more expensive guns I've used.

Spot on 

All game guns  or most for game were and are 1/4 and 1/2 choke

I have a John Macnab highlander fixed choke 1/4 and  1/2  i also use multi choke guns and for game the same 1/4 and 1/2 in any guage

Only time i change is for the odd clay day where i open them out depending on the lay out ,but am not a clay shooter

The continental guns were always renowned to be tighter choked so perhaps that's why your son's gun patterns / handles better but more so it fits

Thanks for reply's ,Ive  had a 686 \onyx for about 18yrs about 15 yrs ago I left the chokes in that I normally used and they have stayed in,never removed so will be well locked in place.Which Im fine with. The reality is that Beretta have an astronomical amount of models, very very  similar to each other,its abit bewildering. Also when looking on GT the Beretta trap guns always seem to have better wood than the equivalent field/game models! Thanks again toads