Can you trace a mobile number

countryman

I am hoping someone can help me here, last night I get a call on my mobile from a mobile, the man on there knows my name and that I shoot, basically he's just being a fool on there and he knows who I am but I don't know who he is. It is not a joke from a mate he's trying to rile me up. I have his mobile number which I rang back and he answered , as soon as he knew it was me off he goes again. I am not clued up on phones and what you can find out on the internet so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I can block the number, the thing is I was hoping to may be get a location on him if he calls again and let him know that I am doing something about him. I have never had this sort of thing before and I am at a loss as to why whoever it is is calling me.He was not threatening in the call more stalker like.

3 minutes ago, countryman said:

I can block the number, the thing is I was hoping to may be get a location on him if he calls again and let him know that I am doing something about him. I have never had this sort of thing before and I am at a loss as to why whoever it is is calling me.He was not threatening in the call more stalker like.

hello, why bother to know his location, just block the number

I'm wondering if there might be a cautionary temporary suspension of ticket if the police become aware you are being bothered by an unknown person deliberately concealing his identity who knows you have firearms.

You might want to get any firearms stored at an RFD's - or a mate if its shotguns you have for the time being. 

42 minutes ago, Wb123 said:

Keep detailed records, forward to the police. 

This. You can block the number, but if there's a chance he has more info than that, and it starts escalating, then it becomes a real problem and you will want ever scrap of evidence you can get your mitts on. dates, times, content, you name it. If you stop answering it, (as you know the number you can?) then it might just stop as the chap gets bored, but if he doesn't, he's unlikely to be put off by blocked number. 

Any idea how he got the number?

No idea how he got my number, so far he's not called again , I would gladly put his number on here but I think it will encourage him more to call me. A friend of mine has put his number through something called what's app, his number is on there but no location.

Edited by countryman

I think I would send a calm and measured text to the number and say that due to the sensitive information mentioned that you required the owner to fully identify himself. I would say that you are concerned with security and if the information was not recieved within 24 hours that you will report the matter to the police.

2 hours ago, countryman said:

No idea how he got my number, so far he's not called again , I would gladly put his number on here but I think it will encourage him more to call me. A friend of mine has put his number through something called what's app, his number is on there but no location.

Doesn't always show location on there unfortunately. 

If you need it sorting then it would be your service provider and police. If they get bored and stop contacting then just ignore i guess.