How to compress ejector V springs (side by side)

jking

25 minutes ago, snow white said:

Have you got spring back in yet

Not yet.......I'll wait until I've got everything moving and operating as it should before popping the springs back in.

16 minutes ago, Gunman said:

Sounds like you are learning that gun-smithing is not a straight forward job of just changing parts . Ejectors can be a bit of a nightmare and getting the cocking asister to work correctly , so that it cocks correctly but does not stop the gun from opening fully  or over cock the kickers can take time and careful adjusting . 

Gently does it .

Most definitely. I'm hoping that swapping back to my old (but repaired) cocking arm should get everything back in sync. Hopefully I'll get the cocking arm back today ready to fit over the weekend.

Your help (and from everybody else on this thread) is much appreciated!

So I had a change of plan with this. My old cocking arm was knackered. There was a void in the material that it was made out of... almost as if it was made from cast material. 

Anyway, I decided to file down the "new" cocking arm that I had acquired from the donor forend that I bought last year. It took a long time, taking it very slowly and stopping to try the part in the forend iron regularly. I got there eventually and now it's all working perfectly! Really pleased with it all and I've had the chance to learn a lot along the way.

The springs were much easier to insert into the forend with the ejectors in their fired position. I ended up using a tool makers clamp, although the clamps suggested in this thread by other forum members looked like they would be easier to use! I held the spring in a rag every time I compressed it just incase it did fly off! Then I pressed each ejector one at a time against a wooden surface to cock them back.

Now I just need to get the extractors patched up as one of them has a slight fracture in it and the gun will be good to go.

Thank you again to everyone who helped out in this post!