Fac variation

mrpip

I was also told by my FAO for that i did not have to specify a calibre for FAC air and also did not have to specify for .17 rimfire which one i wanted to go for ( HM2, HMR or WSM). Talking with my local gun shop at a later date and they said that unless it was specific that they would not be able to make a sale. This was 4 years ago so may be different now?

22 minutes ago, oowee said:

I was also told by my FAO for that i did not have to specify a calibre for FAC air and also did not have to specify for .17 rimfire which one i wanted to go for ( HM2, HMR or WSM). Talking with my local gun shop at a later date and they said that unless it was specific that they would not be able to make a sale. This was 4 years ago so may be different now?

That's your gunshop being picky. On my initial grant I put down .22 RF rather than LR. My RFD was quite happy to sell me a WMR if I wanted one.

10 minutes ago, walshie said:

That's your gunshop being picky. On my initial grant I put down .22 RF rather than LR. My RFD was quite happy to sell me a WMR if I wanted one.

I reckon if I had turned up with card in hand a sale would have been forthcoming. 🙂 

I fancy a WSM just need a decent rifle for the cartridge and I will give it a go. 

On 24/01/2019 at 22:00, Lloyd90 said:

Avon & Somerset made me specify 22 FAC air rifle 

Dont blame them. 😂 You get excited when you shoot, like today's first bird, i heard bang, then welsh excitement... 

As for the op, if you want a 22 fac air, put that down. Unless you think you'll change your mind. If you just  put fac air, worst case could be a phone call from fao asking 177 or 22.

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 16:33, walshie said:

My region lists them as .22RF anyway, then complains if you get a WMR, even though my local RFD is more than happy with RF.   Lets be honest, if the Region only want LR they should list LR.   .22 RF covers the whole remit of .22RF, shorts/longs/caps/etc/etc, and no region can argue that the likes of a .22WMR isn't a .22RF.

Even my pistol was listed as .22RF and the RFD asked if I wanted LR or WMR?

:good:

13 minutes ago, mrpip said:

Quick update variation sent off Thursday evening 24th jan licence back Friday 1st Feb, .22 air & mod added South Yorkshire police  

You can't complain at that service its great. I would drop them a note to say thanks, that sort of service needs to be encouraged.