Subway

Scully

OH and me missed tea rushing for the cinema last week so grabbed a sandwich from Subway before we went in to see the film. Mine went in the bin after two bites, and OH's followed shortly after. Absolute garbage! Why are they so popular, or is it just us?  I' ve done the same with Costas coffee, yet they're always busy! 

They are shops for lazy people who cant be bottomed to make their own buttys.. never been in one,,,,, Subway that is. 

and costa a what ???  they dont do coffee they do stupid cocktails 😁

and whats up with a giant tub of popcorn and pop ??? 

Edited by Dougy

Totally agree most of the selections taste pretty much the same, chicken is boiled and bland, all the salami and hams we get here are essentially tasteless, the bread selection is just gimmick because they don't actually taste of anything, then you go and pile the same kind of salad stuff all over it so no wonder you can't tell them apart ! I do eat them from time to time when hungry but the only one worth a mention is the meat ball. 

1 hour ago, ClemFandango said:

Grumpy old ********. 

I think you could be right.

5 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Totally agree most of the selections taste pretty much the same, chicken is boiled and bland, all the salami and hams we get here are essentially tasteless, the bread selection is just gimmick because they don't actually taste of anything, then you go and pile the same kind of salad stuff all over it so no wonder you can't tell them apart ! I do eat them from time to time when hungry but the only one worth a mention is the meat ball. 

Son likes the meatball one, but that's about it. Daughter isn't too keen. 

1 hour ago, walshie said:

Toasted steak and cheese with onions, peppers and tomatoes with sweet chili sauce makes a nice snack. 

That's just wrong, so wrong. 

13 hours ago, Scully said:

OH and me missed tea rushing for the cinema last week so grabbed a sandwich from Subway before we went in to see the film. Mine went in the bin after two bites, and OH's followed shortly after. Absolute garbage! Why are they so popular, or is it just us?  I' ve done the same with Costas coffee, yet they're always busy! 

not very keen on subway my self, now costa coffee you would of thought with it being taken over by coca cola would of made changes but there not bothered all there wanting to do is put coffee into cans 

14 hours ago, Scully said:

Only been in once,as you was in a hurry and the picture of what i ordered looked great.JESUS! rather a large lass put it together, well threw it together.She had more stuff on the floor than between the bread,oh she was in a proper hurry.

The bread was that soggy with the off the toms that it flopped onto the pavement when i went to take a bite.

I bought a Subway on the way home from my permission, as I was so hungry I briefly considered the only other food I had with me, I.e. raw pigeon meat, still in its wrapper.

I should have stuck with the pigeon!  It was a bland, overpriced amalgam of cheap meat and 'meh' cheese, not anywhere near worth what they were charging for the pleasure...Despite being a ‘mid thirties kid’ as alluded to above, I fail to understand the appeal.   :lol:

As for Costa and Starbucks, I make superior coffee at home with pretty run-of-the-mill (pun intended) Taylors beans purchased from whomever has them on special.

Short story long, I've got sandwiches with me for after my mooch around tonight...

Chickens terryaki with hot chilli, pepper cheese, lettuce, onions, tomatoes and jalapeños on whatever the cheesy/herby bread is called. It’s not good for you and there’s definitely tastier food out there but I’ve done the thick end of 30yrs eating my mother’s food and not died and unlike the Italians my ‘momma’ wasn’t and still isn’t a capable cook!!!