Jack Shepherd Fighting Extradition!

TIGHTCHOKE

6 hours ago, eddoakley said:

Clearly the guy is a $@^&@*! Of the highest order but as far as I have read there is no evidence (new "witness" being an exception) to dispute his statement that the girl was driving.

I'm not condoning any of his actions in any way, the accident or running away and receiving legal aid whilst on the run is crazy, but if in fact he wasn't in control of the boat at the time of the crash then he deserves the chance to have that taken into account.

I appreciate that the court found him guilty having heard all of the evidence but what if....

Edd

What planet are you on Edd?

He ran away from court and the hearing, judgement and sentence were in his absence and he stayed out of sight until he gave himself up recently.

He is now attempting to fight his extradition but previously complained that he should be allowed leave to appeal whist hiding in a foreign country!

The guy is a spoilt brat of the highest order who has a broken moral compass and is an air thief too.

but if in fact he wasn't in control of the boat at the time of the crash then he deserves the chance to have that taken into account.

It did deserve to be taken into account, but when he had the chance to present this version, he chose to do a runner.  Given the chance, I'm sure he could have come up with limitless explanations - none of which involved his responsibility whatsoever. The place to plead innocence is in court, not whilst in hiding.

Events have not been too kind to him. Remanded to a seriously bad prison for up to nine months and then a witness steps forward to take the shine off his alibi. I feel sorry for him - NOT.

He has been taking the mickey and it has caught up with him.

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

What planet are you on Edd?

He ran away from court and the hearing, judgement and sentence were in his absence and he stayed out of sight until he gave himself up recently.

He is now attempting to fight his extradition but previously complained that he should be allowed leave to appeal whist hiding in a foreign country!

The guy is a spoilt brat of the highest order who has a broken moral compass and is an air thief too.

It's just an opinion. He always claimed that he wasn't in control at the time and that the girl was. Just imagine for a second that he was telling the truth and could see the verdict going against him.

Then consider whether running away is a little more understandable.

I'm not saying that is the case and in fact I haven't read much detail about the case but if it was the case?

I've only read a few reports in the rags about him and they all suggest he is a complete waster. 

I have said above that I am in no way condoning any of his actions but as the first thing that I heard about the case was "convicted even though the girl was driving" then my initial view may be slightly influenced by that.

It's likely that if I read more of the details my view may change.

Edd

Edited by eddoakley

13 hours ago, Jaymo said:

🙂 , but the fact you know the characters in Corrie worries me!

It's the only programme to watch when it's too chilly in the workshop and you want to polish your bits and pieces in the warm.

….and anyway, I find Emmerdale and EastEnders too confusing.

Word is that they have recovered mobile phone video footage which proves he wasn’t driving the boat at the time of the collision and that would also coincide with him coming back presumably to clear his name.

He might be a massive tool but 6 years and he wasn’t even at wheel? No one got that for the Herald of Free Enterprise. 

There’s an accident, someone dies and the family (understandably) want blood; they may get it, but let’s see where the appeal goes.

His boat, he was in charge no matter who was at the wheel, drinking, excessive speeds, doing a runner, conflicting stories and a sad early death of a young woman. Add into that whether the Thames at that point is considered to be under IRPCS and COLREGs or inland waterway makes for a really complicated and unpleasant case. However he was the person in charge and has to be responsible for those actions and inactions that led to the death.

14 hours ago, eddoakley said:

It's just an opinion. He always claimed that he wasn't in control at the time and that the girl was. Just imagine for a second that he was telling the truth and could see the verdict going against him.

Then consider whether running away is a little more understandable.

I'm not saying that is the case and in fact I haven't read much detail about the case but if it was the case?

I've only read a few reports in the rags about him and they all suggest he is a complete waster. 

I have said above that I am in no way condoning any of his actions but as the first thing that I heard about the case was "convicted even though the girl was driving" then my initial view may be slightly influenced by that.

It's likely that if I read more of the details my view may change.

Edd

Then if he was telling the truth he should have done so in court!

I must admt i'm with edd and mungler here.

It's jut a tragic tragic accident heavily influenced by drink on both there parts.

Accidents and stupidity esp throu drink will happen and will always happen.

When i think back to my younger days i've done some pretty daft things esp throu drink. U never know somone else might have egged him on to do it or she might have asked to be taken out in boat.

Being honest if i had access to a speedboat and a private loch i'm sure i would of took it out too, it would sound great fun to a drunk.

Been a few times on the drink my mates have had an impromtu banger race round the field infront of his farm in our 30 quid 'rally' cars

Really is due to the grace of god we're all still alive some of the stupid stuff we got up to both sober and drunk

As for the going on the run part, until ur in that position where 1 stupid drunken mistake is looking to cost u 6 years of ur life, not saying it was the right decision but it is a massive price to pay as well as having it on ur mind the rest of ur life  (which might not apply to this bloke) which would be worse.

Doesn't seem a lot of sense in the sentance 1 drunken mistake=6 years,  Herald of fee enterprise sober mistake and mass manslaughter gets less?

IF he had turned up to answer to the charges, he might not have been found guilty, if he was, he might not have got 6 years? 

IF he had put a life jacket on her, and not been speeding /doing doughnuts in the pitch dark, maybe the 'accident ' wouldn't have resulted in her death? 

IF he wasn't the self serving, spoilt, blame passing coward he is, people might not have this 'harsh' picture of him. 

He's done a runner, shacked up with another girl in another country, whilst professing deep remorse for Charlotte's death, whilst using legal aid to mount an appeal based on blaming her for her own death! 

Lovely lad, NOT! 

Completely devoid of remorse or accountability, I hope he enjoys Georgias prison system, and ours when he gets back to complete his sentence without licence. 

26 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

IF he had turned up to answer to the charges, he might not have been found guilty, if he was, he might not have got 6 years? 

IF he had put a life jacket on her, and not been speeding /doing doughnuts in the pitch dark, maybe the 'accident ' wouldn't have resulted in her death? 

IF he wasn't the self serving, spoilt, blame passing coward he is, people might not have this 'harsh' picture of him. 

He's done a runner, shacked up with another girl in another country, whilst professing deep remorse for Charlotte's death, whilst using legal aid to mount an appeal based on blaming her for her own death! 

Lovely lad, NOT! 

Completely devoid of remorse or accountability, I hope he enjoys Georgias prison system, and ours when he gets back to complete his sentence without licence. 

Well said. He doesn't give two carps about the whole situation. If he did he would of stood up in court.

2 hours ago, henry d said:

Ok who is it sending him the death threats?

That's an interesting question. 

It's his lawyer getting the death threats, said lawyer says this has never happened to him in 25 years of practising? And for some reason it's from a 'nazi' group. 

I will surmise, its either someone trying to further their leftist aims, or my moneys on a friend or family member of captain Jack, hoping it will somehow help him out? 

It doesn't really make much sense TBH. 

_105376492_jacklawyerthreatletter.jpg

11 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

my moneys on a friend or family member of captain Jack, hoping it will somehow help him out? 

It doesn't really make much sense TBH. 

You're probably right there, it may well be an attempt to legitimise his appeal against extradition on the grounds of he fears for his life.

He has to take into account that by doing what he is doing his name is far more in the spotlight than it would have been if he had not done a runner. That is not a good thing these days with social media he is setting himself up for a life sentence of harassment after he comes out of jail. Although it was a tragedy the case had attracted very little publicity and he was an unknown to most people.

Now he will never be free of the case 

I can see that he is a bit of a jack the lad flashy guy with a speedboat trying to show off to girls how rich/smart and good fun to be with .

they both get a bit drunk  use the boat  and speed all the way up the Thames  she takes over and flips the boat

these things shouldn't happen but in our youth sometimes they do  accidents are all made up of these factors

He should have taken his punishment in court like 99% of us would have done   if he had  turned up he might not have been found guilty or he might have and got a lenient sentence but he chose to run

As I see it he is a coward a lowlife scumbag that has not only contributed to a girls death he has put her family through hell 

maybe her family could accept her death if he turned up and said sorry it was an accident and genuinely meant it 

But he didn't   for doing a runner and making the family suffer I hope he serves all his sentence and more 

Not too sure what the Nazis have against him 😆

There was an accident, someone died (unintentionally), he did a runner, he’s now turned himself in and for the life of me I don’t understand why there’s so much media coverage - there must have been over a hundred people murdered (with intent) in the meantime and there’s plenty of murderers on the run abroad.

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

Not too sure what the Nazis have against him 😆

There was an accident, someone died (unintentionally), he did a runner, he’s now turned himself in and for the life of me I don’t understand why there’s so much media coverage - there must have been over a hundred people murdered (with intent) in the meantime and there’s plenty of murderers on the run abroad.

The point is, if I were him I would be more afraid of the bad publicity he is generating for himself and his case. he has turned himself in but is fighting extradition. Every time he appears on TV his "approval rating" in the UK goes down

10 hours ago, Vince Green said:

The point is, if I were him I would be more afraid of the bad publicity he is generating for himself and his case. he has turned himself in but is fighting extradition. Every time he appears on TV his "approval rating" in the UK goes down

Maybe on return he will be able to claim some kind of benefit?