Haggis

harrycatcat1

41 minutes ago, gotgcoalman said:

Got some from Aldi and had it yesterday with tatties and neeps.

Today I have had several bad toilet experiences 🤔

Add it to the ever growing list of things my digestive system doesn't like.🙄

if yer bum "goes nuclear"...you need to have it looked at....dont delay....

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

if yer bum "goes nuclear"...you need to have it looked at....dont delay....

Been lactose intorenent since I can remember.Now in the last 10 years or so more and more things seem not to agree with me.

Normal service should be resumed tomorrow in the bottom department hopefully and I'll add Aldi haggis to the list of avoid things.

On 25 January 2019 at 15:58, islandgun said:

you need a full moon and a .22 for haggis. If walking up, then a light load but large shot

They're not indigenous down here in Kent but can you buy them in as youngsters as we were thinking of rearing some for next season on our shoot. What's the collective noun for a group, it is a 'full skin of Haggi' ?

OB

2 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

They're not indigenous down here in Kent but can you buy them in as youngsters as we were thinking of rearing some for next season on our shoot. What's the collective noun for a group, it is a 'full skin of Haggi' ?

OB

Haggusses or haggi are notoriously hard to breed in captivity, Miss Ana Phylactic a greek zoology student managed to procure two haggi for breeding purposes from deep underground and found that the hermaphrodite Haggis will only breed if they have been formerly introduced. Breeding takes place over a number of days during the new moon. the resulting spore is then released into the atmosphere. Of the 6 million spore produced only two will survive to breeding age [27yrs] . A group of haggi are known as a pluck sometimes bawbag depending upon location 

Edited by islandgun

On 25/01/2019 at 21:29, gotgcoalman said:

Been lactose intorenent since I can remember.Now in the last 10 years or so more and more things seem not to agree with me.

Normal service should be resumed tomorrow in the bottom department hopefully and I'll add Aldi haggis to the list of avoid things.

IBS? I get my Haggis either from Sainsburys or Castle Douglas when I'm up there. All are good. Never tried it from Aldi. 

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

Haggusses or haggi are notoriously hard to breed in captivity, Miss Ana Phylactic a greek zoology student managed to procure two haggi for breeding purposes from deep underground and found that the hermaphrodite Haggis will only breed if they have been formerly introduced. Breeding takes place over a number of days during the new moon. the resulting spore is then released into the atmosphere. Of the 6 million spore produced only two will survive to breeding age [27yrs] . A group of haggi are known as a pluck sometimes bawbag depending upon location 

Good one. Many thanks for clarifying that islandgun. :good:

2 hours ago, islandgun said:

Special note dusting of the breeding pens is not advisable during the breeding season due to the size of the spores 

in fact I’ve been more successful in the breeding of pandas than haggis’s 

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

Special note dusting of the breeding pens is not advisable during the breeding season due to the size of the spores 

in fact I’ve been more successful in the breeding of pandas than haggis’s 

Two mature pandi  with  young offspring...:good:

D01_Fiat_Panda.jpg.6555f69d858a6c9fe39c71c3fec0b46b.jpg

fiat_17pandacrossod3bc_lowaggressive_tuscany-green.png.62353ae5c9d1853ec257d7c2f04adb3c.png

I've always believed that haggus - the correct plural of haggis - are an alien species south of the border, or certainly south of the Thames and should be shot on sight with an approved FAC gat gun.

I am astonished that you are contemplating breeding them in civilisation - although I suppose that an exception might be made for Kent.

2 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Two mature pandi  with  young offspring...:good:

Surely pandae is the plural of panda

34 minutes ago, amateur said:

I've always believed that haggus - the correct plural of haggis - are an alien species south of the border, or certainly south of the Thames and should be shot on sight with an approved FAC gat gun.

I am astonished that you are contemplating breeding them in civilisation - although I suppose that an exception might be made for Kent.

Surely pandae is the plural of panda

The breeding program has been implemented to preserve the genetic purity of the species 

over the border there are a lot of cross breeding on haggis farms trying to create fatter better tasting offspring even heard of the attempted crossing of them with the north pennine black pudding 

so it’s up to the southerners to ensure that they remain a true blood stock