2 hours ago, amateur said:

I've always believed that haggus - the correct plural of haggis - are an alien species south of the border, or certainly south of the Thames and should be shot on sight with an approved FAC gat gun.

I am astonished that you are contemplating breeding them in civilisation - although I suppose that an exception might be made for Kent.

Surely pandae is the plural of panda

pandasus's

3 hours ago, islandgun said:

Two mature pandi  with  young offspring...:good:

D01_Fiat_Panda.jpg.6555f69d858a6c9fe39c71c3fec0b46b.jpg

fiat_17pandacrossod3bc_lowaggressive_tuscany-green.png.62353ae5c9d1853ec257d7c2f04adb3c.png

You appear to fairly successfully with your breeding program it’s possible you’re environment is better suited 

only able to get black and white ones in our area 

20 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

You appear to fairly successfully with your breeding program it’s possible you’re environment is better suited 

only able to get black and white ones in our area 

I was surprised that when we crossed a red and white panda, the result was khaki ! The little white female does go out a lot though...

I understand those black and white ones are a bit choosy, if you like i could send down our female, she's not proud..;)

I am surprised any of you south of the border are discussing this. As you should know any haggis(i) produced south of Gretna Green is actually the commoner cousin of the animal and known as the Saggis(i). It is significantly less hardy, intolerant of hard weather and never goes out in the snow. It needs centrally heated breeding accommodation and is known to whine loudly when wet, cold or uncomfortable.

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

I was surprised that when we crossed a red and white panda, the result was khaki ! The little white female does go out a lot though...

I understand those black and white ones are a bit choosy, if you like i could send down our female, she's not proud..;)

Very kind offer however we have decided to move them into the penguin enclosure and hope the colder temperatures encourage some shared body heat etc 

4 hours ago, Old farrier said:

……......…...over the border there are a lot of cross breeding on haggis farms trying to create fatter better tasting offspring even heard of the attempted crossing of them with the north pennine black pudding. 

so it’s up to the southerners to ensure that they remain a true blood stock 

As a born and bred Yorkshireman, I am horrified that any attempt should be made to mess with our black puddings. 

If anything should remain a true blood stock it is our black puddings (with cubes of pork fat and a little salt, pepper and nutmeg).

Let the alien Haggus mate with the blutwurst or boudin noir if they will to fulfil wee Krankie's European dreams

1 hour ago, amateur said:

As a born and bred Yorkshireman, I am horrified that any attempt should be made to mess with our black puddings. 

If anything should remain a true blood stock it is our black puddings (with cubes of pork fat and a little salt, pepper and nutmeg).

Let the alien Haggus mate with the blutwurst or boudin noir if they will to fulfil wee Krankie's European dreams

i believe Hitler and his crew...successfully crossed a wild haggis with a black pudding ....its offspring run wild in the Bavarian forests to this day.....it is rumoured that chwis packem is to do a documentary on it.............

Haggis is why the jocks invented whisky, deep fried mars bars and irn bru .. take the sodding taste away!

19 hours ago, PPP said:

Haggis is why the jocks invented whisky, deep fried mars bars and irn bru .. take the sodding taste away!

:lol:...how can you not like the taste of haggis..............it is ultimate comfort food.......

PS....you may have had one that had been hung too long..:lol:

mind you on a different note thats why i have a very sort after repution......................"cause im hung too long"

Edited by ditchman

Most butchers in Scotland make haggis, most butchers haggis to my palate are superior to factory ones off the supermarket shelves.

Blackpowder

1 hour ago, Blackpowder said:

Most butchers in Scotland make haggis, most butchers haggis to my palate are superior to factory ones off the supermarket shelves.

Blackpowder

For sure.

You do get some excellent shelf Haggis but some butchers own stuff is sublime.

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

...how can you not like the taste of haggis..............it is ultimate comfort food.......

PS....you may have had one that had been hung too long..

mind you on a different note thats why i have a very sort after repution......................"cause im hung too long"

Only had it once, from a high end deli selling both light and dark, admittedly it had cooled but it was flipping terrible.. I’ll eat most things (no fish or seafood due to allergy) and enjoy offal, but this just wasn’t food..

17 hours ago, PPP said:

Only had it once, from a high end deli selling both light and dark, admittedly it had cooled but it was flipping terrible.. I’ll eat most things (no fish or seafood due to allergy) and enjoy offal, but this just wasn’t food..

yep, Like eating wet sawdust with a bit of salt and pepper for taste, yuk, horrible things.

Is this fresh haggis?
    Never seen one before, but from the descriptions mentioned....

Image result for zombie

25 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Is this fresh haggis?
    Never seen one before, but from the descriptions mentioned....

Image result for zombie

That’s offal.

On 30/01/2019 at 14:13, old'un said:

yep, Like eating wet sawdust with a bit of salt and pepper for taste, yuk, horrible things.

+1

I like liver,kidneys ect.. but Haggis,No thank you!

I bought one from a butcher stall from Scotland at a Game fair once and cooked it to his recommendations.Not for me.