Beth Tweddle: British former gymnast to take legal action against makers of The Jump

peck

1 minute ago, ShootingEgg said:

Would of thought knowing she was doing ski jumping they'd of made the contract water tight. And they'd of signed to say they accept the risks involved. 

Of course the makers of The Jump have denied liability to even mention it would imply guilt they will stay silent till there lawyers produce the contract in court 

It seems we are falling into a American society  do something hurt yourself and look for somebody to sue 

3 minutes ago, Mighty Ruler said:

Contract or not I would think the programme makers owe a duty of care to the contestants, I don’t know if they’ve been negligent or not but there do seem to have been an awful lot of injuries on this show.

They are complete amateurs being shown how to throw themselves off a ski jump. But they have to take some responsibility of accepting to do it. Also this was close to three years ago, maybe no win no fee called her up about her accident. 

20 minutes ago, Mighty Ruler said:

Contract or not I would think the programme makers owe a duty of care to the contestants, I don’t know if they’ve been negligent or not but there do seem to have been an awful lot of injuries on this show.

They do owe a duty of care and they also have to risk assess. 

If she was shooting down the jump and cut herself open on a big spike that wasn’t supposed to be there, then they would be liable. 

Doing the show and the jump exactly how you’d normally expect to try it and just having an accident that couldn’t be avoided is just one of those things.

Its like going boxing, getting punched in the face and then complaining you want a pay out because you didn’t know that you might get injured from that ... you have to expect it tona degree. 

Shes probably on a no win no fee, trying her luck and if she loses it won’t cost her anything. 

4 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

They are complete amateurs being shown how to throw themselves off a ski jump. But they have to take some responsibility of accepting to do it. Also this was close to three years ago, maybe no win no fee called her up about her accident. 

Three years is the time limit to start an injury claim , so It's now or never

The girl is a gold medal winning gymnast, would she have sued the Olympic committee if she landed on her head and injured herself tumbling across the floor during practise or a routine? I doubt it. You know signing up to a show that involves jumping off a ledge on skis travelling at speed, that there’s a rather high injury risk. It’s common sense, which is now very common in its abscence!

Cases like this are the reason i gave up being a Dive Charter Skipper in the UK after 21 years in the Game .

you can have all the boxes ticked but like all high risk sports when it goes wrong the person involved or family left behind want a head on a stake.

with no win no fee its easy to just have a go.

don't miss it , just do fishermen now ,totally stress free and no one leaves the boat :)

2 hours ago, Remimax said:

Cases like this are the reason i gave up being a Dive Charter Skipper in the UK after 21 years in the Game .

you can have all the boxes ticked but like all high risk sports when it goes wrong the person involved or family left behind want a head on a stake.

don't miss it , just do fishermen now ,totally stress free and no one leaves the boat :)

What about a "we need a bigger boat" moment.🦈

On 25/01/2019 at 20:51, Lloyd90 said:

They do owe a duty of care and they also have to risk assess. 

If she was shooting down the jump and cut herself open on a big spike that wasn’t supposed to be there, then they would be liable. 

Doing the show and the jump exactly how you’d normally expect to try it and just having an accident that couldn’t be avoided is just one of those things.

Its like going boxing, getting punched in the face and then complaining you want a pay out because you didn’t know that you might get injured from that ... you have to expect it tona degree. 

Shes probably on a no win no fee, trying her luck and if she loses it won’t cost her anything. 

If you Box the way you are taught. You should never get hit in the face. Thats what your left hand is for.

Doesn't work like that though, that's why my nose is wonky !

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 19:21, Remimax said:

+1 I understand where you are coming from