Advise needed gun blew up!

T bolt hunter

Thanks for the replies guys, some good points made! youve all said what i was thinking and i just need to count this a lucky escape, and learn from the mistake!  im just as much to blame as shop and im greatfull they have taken responsibility and replaced my rifle! As for the £50 i think im going to invest it in leaning about diffrent rifle calibers as i obviously have a lot more to learn. And if theres any change a new pair of pants! 

Look forward to using to using forum more in the future as i continue to learn more about my rifle and the shooting world! 

ATB

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Quite a few mistakes here and most covered above.   The important one is you handed them the rifle back, the evidence is gone along with the cartridges.  Major mistake.

If they are giving you a new rifle and the correct cartridges plus £50 as a smoother then you can't grumble.  At the end of the day you put the wrong cartridge in the gun and the two are pretty distinctively different in size alone.  Your lucky.

Advice? Be a little bit more diligent in the future. 

This sums up the sentiments of most posts, and I fully agree with it.

Take the deal and make sure you've learned your lesson.

1 minute ago, T bolt hunter said:

Thanks for the replies guys, some good points made! youve all said what i was thinking and i just need to count this a lucky escape, and learn from the mistake!  im just as much to blame as shop and im greatfull they have taken responsibility and replaced my rifle! As for the £50 i think im going to invest it in leaning about diffrent rifle calibers as i obviously have a lot more to learn. And if theres any change a new pair of pants! 

Look forward to using to using forum more in the future as i continue to learn more about my rifle and the shooting world! 

ATB

Good luck with your future shooting and be safe but most of all enjoy. :good:

12 minutes ago, T bolt hunter said:

ATB

Perhaps you should've said that at the start under heading " Lesson Learnt"

Human error on both sides and the shop has done it's best to rectify the situation and luckily no one was hurt   you especialy

Put down to experience and enyoy your shooting in the future

Be safe

ATB

Ive got to the thread a bit late .and echo many sentiments already posted. 

Just to add .There is infomation on the box of every ammo you buy .read it .and if your unsure either google it or wait (ie dont load it ) till you can get the correct information  .

Your gun .your ammo .your range and backstop . The responsibility is yours 100 %  .the shop is helping you out big time .thank them .id buy them a card .

2 hours ago, walshie said:

I don't think anyone is giving the OP a hard time. He joined this site apparently to ask what to do next and I think has had that answered. Wait for his new gun and spend his £50.

One way or another, the shop are accepting liability and rectifying the situation. What more is there to do?

Unless (and I'm not suggesting it for a minute) the OP is one of those "where there's blame, there's a claim" types. 

As said he’s uninjured and wouldn’t have anything to claim for. 

At best he could claim the inconvenience- which the £50 covers. 

He should count himself lucky the shop are being so helpful replacing the rifle, I thought this thread was going to be about the shop refusing to sort the rifle and stating it’s his own fault for putting the wrong ammo in. 

I haven’t read all the replies - just your original post. The responsibility lies with you. It’s your safety that’s at stake here and you should know that a HM2 is not the correct ammunition to chamber in your HMR! Thank your lucky stars that you weren’t injured.

Put it down to experience and learn from it is my advice.

Edited by BinaryB

3 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Ive got to the thread a bit late .and echo many sentiments already posted. 

Just to add .There is infomation on the box of every ammo you buy .read it .and if your unsure either google it or wait (ie dont load it ) till you can get the correct information  .

Your gun .your ammo .your range and backstop . The responsibility is yours 100 %  .the shop is helping you out big time .thank them .id buy them a card .

if i asked a gunshop for hmr ammo i would expect to get hmr ammo,supplying ammo which is not on your ticket is against the law,it's the shops responsibility!

Lessons to be learnt from both sides.

Shop - double check ammunition entered on tickets. Maybe review stock display setup.

OP - double check ammunition entered on ticket. Something for all of us to think about. 

I think both sides will be more vigilant in the future. 

2 minutes ago, clumber said:

Lessons to be learnt from both sides.

Shop - double check ammunition entered on tickets. Maybe review stock display setup.

OP - double check ammunition entered on ticket. Something for all of us to think about. 

I think both sides will be more vigilant in the future. 

Amen to that.

5 hours ago, T bolt hunter said:

ATB

Good post and good attitude.  A scary lesson, but thankfully one that didn't result in any harm to you other than your pride and underwear.

It wouldn't have been entered on his ticket if they slipped a box of hm2 in by mistake." Sold - 450 hmr. Sold - 50 hm2 (oops)". It would just say 500 hmr so wouldn't prove anything.

What's done is done. No-one was hurt and a decent outcome and a lesson for all concerned.

Edited by walshie

CLAIM 

CLAIM

CLAIM

CLAIM

Is there nothing else that people do these days other than claim, what is it??? don't people go out and earn money anymore. 

The chap didnt get hurt, both the shop keeper and the new rifle owner made a mistake, one is ignorant the other in the wrong job. 

I would thak the offer from the gun shop, and with the £50 buy them a tin of biscuits for the pleasure. 

For goodness sake folk put a stop to this claim culture when it's unnecessary. 

2 hours ago, Swinton said:

Did you not check you had the right ones for the gun .

if  i went for 12g carts i would check they was all 12g and no other size 

Exactly .i went in to a shop and bought a 20b ou .last year .

Oh yeah can i have a slab of black gold to go with it. 

"Of course thats £xxx"."  Cheers ." here is your slab of 12g carts .??? ***.? 

"I want 20b carts to go with my 20b ou ." 

"Oh sorry"   .he says didnt realise

.Ehhh!! 🤔

10 minutes ago, Dougy said:

CLAIM 

CLAIM

CLAIM

CLAIM

Is there nothing else that people do these days other than claim, what is it??? don't people go out and earn money anymore. 

The chap didnt get hurt, both the shop keeper and the new rifle owner made a mistake, one is ignorant the other in the wrong job. 

I would thak the offer from the gun shop, and with the £50 buy them a tin of biscuits for the pleasure. 

For goodness sake folk put a stop to this claim culture when it's unnecessary. 

No win No fee legislation is yet another thing we have to thank Teflon Antony B liar and his cohorts for:big_boss: