Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Dougy said:

CLAIM 

CLAIM

CLAIM

CLAIM

Is there nothing else that people do these days other than claim, what is it??? don't people go out and earn money anymore. 

The chap didnt get hurt, both the shop keeper and the new rifle owner made a mistake, one is ignorant the other in the wrong job. 

I would thak the offer from the gun shop, and with the £50 buy them a tin of biscuits for the pleasure. 

For goodness sake folk put a stop to this claim culture when it's unnecessary. 

👏 Well said.

45 minutes ago, Dougy said:

CLAIM 

CLAIM

CLAIM

CLAIM

Is there nothing else that people do these days other than claim, what is it??? don't people go out and earn money anymore. 

The chap didnt get hurt, both the shop keeper and the new rifle owner made a mistake, one is ignorant the other in the wrong job. 

I would thak the offer from the gun shop, and with the £50 buy them a tin of biscuits for the pleasure. 

For goodness sake folk put a stop to this claim culture when it's unnecessary. 

who said "claim"??

20 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Never mind Andy. I must have misinterpreted the meaning of liable in an earlier post. And other comments about payment. 

If you look in a dictionary it will give you a definition for both liable and claim.......I'll stand corrected, but I think you'll find the definition given for each word is different?

I didn't mention making a 'Claim' in my postings, I wrote liable, and went on to explain what I meant by liable..........Who suggested the OP makes a 'claim' for compensation?

16 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

which is which??😉

Bet t bolt hunter knows now? Lol! 🙄

1 minute ago, Dougy said:

I know nobody mentioned anything about claiming any money from the gun shop. 

There, done, 

Im very sorry for any misleading information I posted, just let me know how much you want and I'll post a cheque. 

Nah! Ur just liable, not responsible enuf to make a claim from! Lol! ...........sorry couldn't resist..

3 hours ago, tweedledee said:

I went to a local RFD last week for hmr ammo....I spotted couple of boxes of eley mach2 and took them as well...woman in the dealer marked them as 17rf and I honestly don't reckon she knew the difference....I knew what I was after as I have both calibres...

Was she wrong in marking them as rimfires? Aren’t they both rimfires? 

16 minutes ago, Scully said:

Was she wrong in marking them as rimfires? Aren’t they both rimfires? 

They are. One is a necked down 22wmr and the other a necked down 22lr. :good:I guess labelling them both as 17 rimfire while technically accurate is how mistakes like the original post can happen.

On 25/01/2019 at 21:47, bruno22rf said:

Giver what evidence away? - unless you intend to sue for damages then returning the rifle is not going to change anything - besides, what damage? Life is too short and you were unharmed so I would count my lucky stars and carry on regardless. We are all human and the guy in the shop must be feeling pretty bad - ultimately you should remember the old adage about who is responsible for your Health and Safety - you. Don't mean to be harsh and I do sympathize with your plight - let it go and try put the whole affair behind you .

This is what I was thinking too.

As your a new shooter I think you should chalk it up to experience and learn from it. Luckily you are okay and that's the main thing.

This just goes to show you can never be too careful...

9 hours ago, walshie said:

They are. One is a necked down 22wmr and the other a necked down 22lr. :good:I guess labelling them both as 17 rimfire while technically accurate is how mistakes like the original post can happen.

Agreed. When pistol shooting we would apply for .38/357, so we could use from  .38 S&W ( not that any of us did ) up to .38 Special and load for .357 mag’. The only difference being you couldn’t get the chamber to close if any of the bigger sizes were inserted into a .38 S&W revolver, so no mistakes were possible.

However, I owned a 9mm Steyr also, which while being a longer cartridge than 9mm Parabellum, could be fed with the latter shorter cartridge as both were rimless. All that was written on my ticket was 9mm, as was .22rf written on my ticket when in fact I owned a .22WMR and for a short while both.  It was up to me to inform the dealer which type I wanted, but was simply written on my tickets as 9mm and .22rf.

Edited by Scully

47 minutes ago, Scully said:

Ah, with you; but in fact they're both .17 calibre. What she should have checked is which cartridge designation ( or length ) you wanted, or you should have told her. 😉

Honestly I knew straight away she hadn't noticed...waited till I got home to see how she labelled them....I use mach2 and needed hmr to mark on my ticket..I reckon had anyone else with hmr had lifted them she wouldn't have queried it....