Project

fatchap

14 hours ago, fatchap said:

Yep I'm attempting to make salt and pepper pots. A lot of people on other forums are split on the safety of it in food contact, some say its perfectly safe when fully cured others disagree.

And as the salt and pepper inside will be in contact with glued base, I'd be interested to know for sure.

If the contents where fluid or partial fluid then I think there MAY be a transfer but with dry salt and dry pepper I really don't see a problem.  I used Milliput for my 'mustard' dish but it didn't work out so I am now looking to grind it out and fit a real porcelain or glass dish. It's just a matter of finding one the same size.  Look forward to the photos.

On 28/01/2019 at 07:07, Old Boggy said:

Yes I remember that post. I really admire all these folk (Ditchman, Walker570, Fatchap et al) that have the skill and imagination to make such bespoke and wonderful items from natural products. Not only are these things functional, they are a great talking point when being used.

I hope that we see photos of the final products by Fatchap on here soon. 

OB

Absolutely. Watch this space.