Deactivated Lee Enfield 303

OddJob

I think you might struggle, the new deactivating criteria is awful, and under the new Law it’s illegal to sell a gun without a modern certificate 

with mlirtary rifles especially they have to be double submitted , so unless you live on the doorstep to the proof house your looking at two days out or two lots of postage to start with 

1 hour ago, wabbitbosher said:

I think you might struggle, the new deactivating criteria is awful, and under the new Law it’s illegal to sell a gun without a modern certificate 

with mlirtary rifles especially they have to be double submitted , so unless you live on the doorstep to the proof house your looking at two days out or two lots of postage to start with

Thanks for that info, that does seem like a real sticking point. So any individual or company must now sell with a new certificate? I've been wanting one for 20 years and decided to just get on with it, **** law!

If you come across any please do keep me in mind, thank you 

There is another way, check out Stroud auctions 6-7 February auction, they have a couple of Enfield 303’s converted to 410 shotgun, if you have a SGC it’s a way to get what you want easily and cheaper (est. £50-£80) and you can shoot it too!

my brother has a deact(military, done and refurbished  by RAF regiment) DP (drill purpose) 303 No. 4 but he can’t sell due to current legislation and can’t be bothered to go through the rigmarole so just gathering dust. I am sure there are many in the same position.