Pheasant shooting - small syndicate fun

Big Al

5 hours ago, scutt said:

Top days walk and stand 👍 

5 hours ago, prem1234 said:

another good video Big Al.....and the dogs having a good run out enjoying the hunt as well as the retrieve 👍

2 hours ago, greylag said:

Another great video,a great day out with friends and their dogs.You can feel the excitement of the day .The dogs are a good day too by the look of it.Some good shooting and retrieving.

Thanks guys. I can't believe the season is over already. It seems to be getting shorter each year.

You are holding up the video section on your own Big Al.That cottage fire would be surrounded by knackered dogs at the end of the day? Who said dog's can't smile for the camera?  The season is over in a second it seems..probably my age as well , time goes quicker! Only a few days left to savour & then concentrate on the pigeon population. 
I must contribute more; Have a day on Thurs which I shall try to record.

Keep smiling Ted & Co.

1 hour ago, Gerry78 said:

Thanks big AL another great video 👍

Cheers again Gerry.

1 hour ago, Fuddster said:

excellent video.

good to see a bunch of lads enjoying their sport.

f.

Thanks Fuddster. It's all great craic!

54 minutes ago, pbutd said:

You are holding up the video section on your own Big Al.That cottage fire would be surrounded by knackered dogs at the end of the day? Who said dog's can't smile for the camera?  The season is over in a second it seems..probably my age as well , time goes quicker! Only a few days left to savour & then concentrate on the pigeon population. 
I must contribute more; Have a day on Thurs which I shall try to record.

Keep smiling Ted & Co.

Thanks  - it's not just the dogs that sit knackered around the fire at the end of the day! Lots of birds have been "shot" in front of that fire! I also find that the fire increases the estimated range of the downed birds too.

Looking forward to seeing your video. Please do record your day. I'll try to escape work early on Thursday and nip out to the pond . Maybe get a duck before the season ends .......

18 hours ago, das said:

Great video👍

Thanks Das. 

15 hours ago, Cranfield said:

Thoroughly enjoyable as usual, thanks for posting.

I can imagine the smell of the wet dogs in front of the fire at the end of the day, not really"imagine", more "remember".

Thanks Cranfield.  One thing I've noticed about my yellow lab is that he is quite vulnerable to the cold. I'm going to get a neoprene coat. No need for it in front of that fire! I set my hat on the fire guard to dry out one day and it went on fire! Serious heat.

2 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

What distance are those birds you drop before the 3 minute mark Al? They look fairly long way out! Brilliant shooting, can really see them fold up on the air  

Thanks Lloyd - I'm not too sure to be honest. Probably somewhere between 40 and 50 yards. The first bird was hit with a cartridge I had been given to try out and it wasn't hit as hard. The second and third were hit hard using my normal cartridge and folded up much better.  I normally use a GB 32g No.6 shot.  I believe that GB are made by Rio.

• 1 month later...
On 02/02/2019 at 19:37, Big Al said:

Thanks Lloyd - I'm not too sure to be honest. Probably somewhere between 40 and 50 yards. The first bird was hit with a cartridge I had been given to try out and it wasn't hit as hard. The second and third were hit hard using my normal cartridge and folded up much better.  I normally use a GB 32g No.6 shot.  I believe that GB are made by Rio.

What choke do you use mate? 

Sorry Al didn't get notified that you had replied. 

18 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

What choke do you use mate? 

Sorry Al didn't get notified that you had replied. 

No worries Lloyd. 

Half and half. I use quarter and half at the start of the season and switch before Christmas. Just ordinary Browning Invector factory chokes.

Thanks for your interest.