Amazon Prime

Walker570

First time I have used this system. Yesterday a friend asked me to fit out a box for him to hold some sockets...big sockets and I did not have a drill large enough...45 and 50mm across.

I went on line and found a complete set of six forstners, up to 60mm, for a little over £16. It indicated if I clicked this Prime thingy they would guarantee a next day delivery. ( this was Saturday and 4pm in the afternoon)  I clicked , paid and forgot about it until this morning my wife came up to my study and said ..in that voice, I am sure you all know ..... "What have you been ordering now"......  and there was my order as promised on a Sunday morning !  My friend had his box as promised within the hour. Brilliant.   The set semed very cheap but I have to say they are very sharp and cut the hardwod block without tearing, didn't even have to sandpaper.

I'm led to believe now I am logged in the Prime system anything else I order will be the same service.

Hi there

I have used Amazon prime for a number of years. it is worth it so long as you avoid postage exceeding the annual (or monthly) premium.

sometimes if you are close to a distribution centre you can get same day delivery. 

TBH i find it invaluable especially as you can nominate an alternate delivery address (as on non prime purchases) and also can use the amazon app. without having to add card details every time.

it makes spending money so much easier !!

atb

Gdadphil

12 hours ago, humperdingle said:

Going back to standard delivery times is a bit of a pain, after using Prime... as is paying seperately for P&P elsewhere.

We get pretty good value out of our Prime subscription between the delivery and Prime video.

Same.

If buying a fair bit its well worth it and the viewing stuff is a bonus.