Sign in to follow this  
Ultrastu

New jsb pellet .

Picked this up from my local shop this week .its a contour s6 

Which is a 6 shot multi in .22 

It gives around 35 shots a11.3 fpe and is amazingly accurate and light weight .

Got it for £230 sh .its not in fantastic condition but it all works and is a pleasure to shoot. 

Be good in FAC, no better than a standard diabolo in sub 12ft guns.  Usually not enough energy to make them expand.

Be interesting to see it in balistic gel.

Yep .Agree .

think there is a .177 coming too .which would expand at sub 12. And a .25 which i would be interested in for my fx. 

Similar idea to h+n s extreem pellets .

I wonder of they have improved on it ? 

Will the tree rat notice the difference one wonders.  Of course I will have to try them. I'll have a look at the Shot Show in a couple of weeks time.

Money spent in preparing to manufacture these, and in convincing us that they would bring down an angry F-15, would have been better spent on designing packaging that prevented so many pellets getting damaged in transit - last Exacts I bought were only fit for plinking. 

Id hope. That they give the same trajectory as there solid counterparts with similar bc .

Id expect the accuracy to be not quite as good but the expansion of the pellet to be much improved .

I can see these being a great solution to having your gun set up say with 16 grn jsb jumbos .for long range stuff .but when you want a hard smack on a rat or pigeon at 30 yds. These shoot to the same poi . But perform better 

Just now, bruno22rf said:

Money spent in preparing to manufacture these, and in convincing us that they would bring down an angry F-15, would have been better spent on designing packaging that prevented so many pellets getting damaged in transit - last Exacts I bought were only fit for plinking. 

Oh and they are bringing out new tins mate so you may get your wish 

The .177 will be the most useful for most people in the uk .

The main issue with the h+n extreems is that they weigh just a bit too much (although very accurate and work well ) 

If jsb make these at 8 -8.5  grns and they fly well out to 50 yds with a bc of no less than 0 .018. Then they will have a winner on their  hands .

2 hours ago, rovercoupe said:

Are they made of depleted uranium?

😂😂😂😂 Lateral thinking, love it.

Makes perfect sense to us stu - you've bought something other than a BSA and you called me "mate" all within a couple of days - you need professional help :P.

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

Makes perfect sense to us stu - you've bought something other than a BSA and you called me "mate" all within a couple of days - you need professional help .

I know bruno .

Your not as suprised as my shooting buddy .he nearly spat his chips out when i showed him my new brocock .what no bsa .? 

He used to have one years ago .same model just in walnut. It was very nice .i just prefered the ultra instead and he went on to sell his and also get ultras and scorpions etc ..(he is also a bsa fan boy now) .

He is a bit upset that ive got a brocock now and he doesnt.. oops. Anyway it will never be as good as a bsa ultra but for the money i paid its a bargin and will make a great gun to throw in the decoy bag and accompany me in the hide when out for pige. .

Edited by Ultrastu

Shame - could still be a late xmas pressie to yourself :whistling:. So much fun and devastating on feathered targets - the look on what's left of a pigeons face after being hit at 150 yards is pure joy! 

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

Just paid my tax bill .

That hurt. 

The joys of being self employed, just remember it was never yours, I've always thought its strange how you pay it in January when folk are skint from Xmas and depressed because the weather is naff,