Browning 525 Sporter Elite

Traveler

3 hours ago, figgy said:

Yes if you keep your eye out on here full sets come up for sale.

Invector plus is the usual choke system for the 525.

Thanks Figgy. 

Anyone else on here own one or have any knowledge of that model and whether it's got any flaws? I notice reading up on it that it's one of the first to be backbored but wonder how that matches up with the (now superceded) older short invector choke system?

The 525 is a good gun and bombproof as they say.  Only thing with Browning/Miroku is the black American walnut can crack and one of the firing pins can stop working when it's done a lot. 

Firing pins are cheap. If the stock has no cracks it probably won't ever crack as the gun will be a few years old now being one of the first backbored.

Traveller I've just read a review from 2007 on the Elite and it says it's got the older invector chokes. This was about the time they changed over to invector plus. It will say on the barrel of the gun what chokes are fitted.

Edited by figgy

525 is a great gun. Whether it is invector or Invector + would'nt worry me an iota.........I have both(invector 425/invector + Heritage 525) and have'nt ever noticed any difference...personally I don't like extended but both are readily available for both. 'Elite' was the name for Grade 3s so its got a bit more engraving/better wood. Better wood means just that...don't fret about the wood failing unless you intend to club things with it.

atb.